Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 27 May 2019

#MeFirst #MyMay

Monday 27th May 2019
You don't have to be extreme, just consistent.


Well I've been awake since 3.19am, thanks to Alfie and the foxes, I calmed Alfie down but I sat watching them in the street, 6 of them running round, then chilling out and lying on next doors drive. Later they were running around on the green over the road by the shops.  I then went to see what was happening round the back as I saw a couple go down the alley and I saw 2 adult and 1 cub go up the corner where the hole is, I have seen 2 cubs in my garden though.  I then watched them come back out again and I laughed as the one cub showed me my suspicions were correct, he's getting out by lifting two slats of the fence panel behind the tree, at least I should be glad he's lifting them and hasn't just smashed through them I guess!

We had a lovely walk yesterday morning, although we did get rather wet.  I love that we're finding paths so close to home, this one started at Northycote farm, which you can enjoy walking round easily for an hour, we then followed the Monarch's Way path which took us from Northycote farm to the Cannock Road which you cross and then walk with lovely fields either side and come out at Bognop Road.  We turned round and retraced our path but you could make it a bigger circular walk but you would have to include some road walking.   It all added to my steps though, which were, 15,531 by the end of the day and 132 active minutes, which earned me 25 Fit Points and set me up for the day for sure.  I'd happily start every day like that if I could.

The sausages I defrosted turned out to be pork, so I didn't eat them, wasn't wasting points on them.  instead I had the leftover turkey mince from the day before on a sandwich for 3SP, it was delicious too.


Dinner was this, the slow cooked beef brisket in stout gravy was 7SP and not bad at all if you fancy something other than chicken for a change.  I've done enough mash and veg for today and cooked a chicken breast to have with it, so that's today sorted.

for a snack later I had these WW cheese crackers, 2 SP in the packet and lovely with cheese triangles on them, nom nom.  

Of course there was red wine involved and I've finished my week in minus, but again I've earned 91, it's all good.  I'm not obsessing over it, I want to live a happy, healthy lifestyle and if I lose the odd pound or two along the way, brilliant.  I know it's impossible to be golden all the time and beating yourself up over it won't make the situation better, nope.

In an ideal world I'd drink a lot less wine, but my mom wouldn't have Alzheimers either, I wouldn't be having night sweats, nor would my joints hurt when I get out of bed.  But this ain't a perfect world and honestly my real goal is that I have the energy to handle the things that happen and to do it with a smile on my face and love in my heart.  

If I could offer advice to anyone reading this, it would be to give yourself as much love as you give to others, to not expect so much of yourself and to not obsess over your eating habits because that's just as bad as constantly overeating.  It's all about balance xx

Whatever you've got planned for this Bank Holiday Monday, enjoy it, if you're working, I hope your day goes quickly.  I'm thinking I might sneak out for a walk but we'll see, I have work to do before I do anything else oh and a huge pile of washing up!

It's the last week of #MyMay, I think next month I'm going with #MeFirst, it was suggested by Tina and straight away I liked it but saying it or even thinking it made me feel a little uncomfortable.  Then I realised that's why it needs to be the hashtag going forward because I do need to put myself first, it isn't selfish, it's selfcare, it's essential because if I don't take care of me, I'll not have the energy to do anything.  Then I won't be able to care for my mom or to support my members, yeah #MeFirst is the new hashtag.  

No comments: