Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 1 March 2019

Hello March...

Friday March 1st 2019
let happiness be your success.

White Rabbits, White Rabbits, White Rabbits, pinch punch first of the month and all that!  Chapter 3 of 12, you ready for it? Do you have plans to make this month a good one, I love March, it's the start of the best time of year, I plan to mostly enjoy Sunday walks this month because they make me feel invigorated and alive, I know I have this cough and cold but paracetamol dull the temperature and fresh air is good for the lungs, I'm resting when I can and I plan to talk little today so that I have a voice for the morning.   

I've been awake since just gone 2am, coughing woke me and I couldn't get back to sleep so rather than lie there coughing I've been sat at my computer writing notes for my workshops next week, working on an idea I have, listening to an audiobook, a very productive and enjoyable few hours I must say.  Then I looked at the clock, it was almost six and I remembered I've usually blogged by now!

Well I really want to feed my cold I have to admit, yesterday the only thing that stopped me driving via the chippy on the way home was the fact I was shattered, it was raining and I couldn't be bothered.  Thankfully I had all that lovely curry food to work my way through yesterday so I didn't starve '-) 

We talked about corned beef hash in a meeting last night which made me fancy it, I have this lovely recipe, I won't be cooking it today but maybe soon.  

Corned Beef Hash

Serves 4, 11 Smart Points  

Replace the tinned sweetcorn with frozen peas, if you like.

2½ tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
Knob of butter
400g waxy potatoes (such as charlotte), cut into 2cm chunks (i used the small ones, left skin on and cut in half)
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp dried thyme or 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh
300g tin corned beef, cut into chunks
120g tin sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
4 large free-range eggs 

Parboil potatoes for about 6-8 minutes. At the same time, add 1 tbsp of the oil to a large frying pan and gently fry the onion over a low heat for 6 minutes to soften. Remove to a bowl and set aside.

Add another splash of oil and the butter to the pan, increase the heat to medium-high and fry the potatoes for 10 minutes until beginning to crisp and turn golden. Stir in the chilli flakes and dried thyme, fry for another minute or so, then add the corned beef. Season

Continue frying the corned beef, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until starting to crisp. Stir in the sweetcorn and return the cooked onion to the pan. Cook for a couple more minutes to warm through.

Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in another large frying pan, crack the eggs into the pan and fry until the white has just set. Serve the corned beef and sweetcorn hash on warmed plates and top each serving with a fried egg. 

I actually fancy toad in the hole made with chicken sausages, again it ain't gonna happen today, today I shall mostly be aiming for quick and easy, but I will do the toad at some point. 

Toad In The Hole

Serves 4, 6SP per portion using Penn Road chicken breast sausages, 9SP using reduced fat pork sausages

Prep time, 20m, cooking time 30m.

8 reduced fat pork Sausages (14sp) or 8 Heck Chicken Italia Sausages (5sp) or other low fat sausages
8  Road chicken breast sausages would be 4SP

1 tablespoon sunflower oil (5sp)
125g plain flour (12sp)
300ml (½ pint) skimmed milk (4sp)
1 medium egg (2sp)
150g open cap mushrooms, halved
2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
salt & freshly ground black pepper

Lightly grill the sausages for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to Gas mark 6 / 200oC / 400 oF. Drizzle the oil over the base of a 20cm (8-inch) square non-stick tin and then heat in the oven while preparing the batter. Sift flour into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the milk and egg and whist thoroughly to form a smooth batter. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
Add the sausages and mushrooms to the heated pan and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Add the chives and seasoning to the batter and stir well. Carefully remove the tin from the oven and pour the batter over. Return to oven and cook for 30 mins well risen and golden brown. Serve at once, allowing two sausages per serving. Use veggie sausages for a veggie option.  

You don't have to put the mushrooms in, I'd serve them on the side if I'm honest with roasted onions.  

Anyway, I need to get back to my idea before I lose my flow.  Have a great day x 

Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""

No comments: