Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 18 March 2019

Cheesy stuff!

Monday 18th March 2019
Remember that the reason you're doing this is to make your life better.


Well my day has started lovely, just had a bit of love with my 'not my cat' in the living room before coming up to my office to see the lovely sunset, isn't he/she so graceful, although I'm covered in fur now!


Yesterday was a good day too, I enjoyed a walk on the chase with my brother before coming back to walk Alfie, he took me out twice, the second time we got hailed on!  We enjoyed these for breakfast, they are 1SP for one, 3SP for 2 or 4SP for 3, They're not bad at all and on offer 2 for £5 in Waitrose.  There's also a couple of other places stock them, check online https://www.goodlittlecompany.com/stockists/ 

I made a lazy chicken dinner for my tea using the veg that was past it's use by date and a packet of mash which when made up is 3SP per 100g, 
I'm maintaining well at the moment and I know I need to get my tracking back into line, I'm tracking my meals, I'm just over my points, it's all good though, it's a learning curve, I'm enjoying food at the moment but not obsessed with it and I know as the weather warms up and I warm every Sunday, it'll all help to tip the balance on those scales. 

I'm going to make cauliflower cheese today as there's a cauliflower in the fridge saying 'you need to use me!' There's 2 recipes on the WW app for 7 or 8SP a portion.  Asda do a cheese sauce that's 2SP per serving, and I know Bisto do one and the app says it's 2SP per portion unprepared but I've just looked and you add water so that won't make it higher like milk would've.  I'm going to see what's in my fridge and go from there, I know I have protein cheese so that'll make it less points but I'll put parmesan on the top maybe.

I've just found this recipe on the WW app for Macaroni Cheese now you're talking; 

Make ahead macaroni cheese

11 Points
0:30 minutes Total Time
0:10 minutes Preparation Time
0:30 minutes Cook Time
Serves 5 people
Difficulty Level: Easy
A delicious classic made lighter!

Ingredients
White pasta, dry 250g - 24 Points
Cauliflower, Raw 500g 
Skimmed Milk 800ml - 10 Points
Garlic 2clove(s) 
Onion(s) 1medium
2 Bay leafs, dry
Low Fat Spread 50g - 7 Points
Plain White Flour 50g - 5 Points
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese 100g -8 Points
Tomato 3large, chopped 
Calorie controlled cooking spray 1 spray

Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C. Place the tomatoes in a square baking dish and spray with the cooking spray. Heat until skins start to crack.
  2. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and return to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
  3. To make the cheese sauce, blend the flour with a little of the milk and low fat spread in a non stick saucepan, stirring until smooth. Gradually add the rest of the milk. Drop in the bay leaf and bring the sauce to the boil, stirring. Simmer for 2 minutes then remove from the heat and stir in the Cheddar cheese. Remove the bay leaf. Drain the pasta and mix with the cheese sauce and tip into the baking dish on top of the roasted tomatoes. Gently mix together. Add onion, garlic and cauliflower and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until crisp, golden brown and bubbling.
That needs to go on my to eat list! 
Anyway, mom wants another cuppa, I need a pint of water and I want to get on with my day, got work to do, then crochet plus the obligatory dog walks, it looks like a promising day out there.  Let's make today count.  

Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""


No comments: