Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 12 March 2019

Cabbage & cake - now that's a meat free Monday!

Tuesday 12th March 2019
Forget the Happy Ending, focus on a Happy Existence!


A lovely day yesterday, bit of work, bit of cleaning, bit of cooking then we binge watched 'Afterlife' with Ricky Gervais on Netflix and it was brilliant, the man really knows how to do bitter sweet comedy, one minute you're howling the next there are tears and mom laughed like a drain throughout which is a bonus.  

It really is worth watching some real reminders of how we all should live our lives in this world whatever our beliefs are. 

I treated myself to a silicon mini muffin tray to make my mini frittatas and they were great, I'll experiment with different flavours, be worth counting the points and adding cheese, ideal for a quick snack, the recipe I used yesterday was on https://wwbevsworld.blogspot.com/2019/03/how-do-you-want-to-feel.html I'm going to add olives to my next ones I think and chorizo, they'd be delicious Saturday night snacks, nom nom nom.  There are lots of frittata recipe ideas on the WW app. The tray was so easy to wash up too! 

I noticed these on Facebook this morning too that look good  Chicken recipes

Then I made Indian spiced cabbage and it was delicious, yes there were points on the oil and I guess you could experiment with less oil, more flavours but I love cabbage and it was worth the points in the oil for me.  

Indian spiced cabbage  
1 head cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (8SP)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 inch ginger, grated (I used frozen)
1 teaspoon paprika powder 
1 tablespoon coriander powder (I only had frozen coriander so used that) 
1/2 mug frozen green peas
Salt to taste

Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and ginger. Saute for a minute and add cabbage, paprika, coriander powder and salt.

Mix well, and add 1/2 mug water.

Cover the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes till the cabbage is fork tender.

Add in the green peas and cook for another minute or so, until cooked through. Serve hot.  

I'm looking forward to getting some meal ideas this week in workshops as we talk about meal planning, I'm quite enjoying keeping meals simple at the moment, I'm not obsessing about food at all which is great, I am still enjoying a bit of what I fancy mom and I enjoyed a delicious scone yesterday and I put a bit of salted caramel spread (3SP for 15g) on them which I found in the cupboard - I'd bought it for Christmas and not opened it.   The scone was 8SP and for 2SP you can have 20g of low fat squirty cream - delicious and yeah 13Sp but it was our lunch, I only had zero frittatas before it - perfect. 

If you know anyone who's trying to lose some weight and struggling, let them know about this great trade in offer from WW, This week they’re offering a free month at WW when you trade in your current diet plan, for well, the best one! *cough* WW *cough* ðŸ‘€ Find out more here: http://bit.ly/WWUKTradeIn


Anyway, I need to go shower ready for my day, I'm well rested after our early, early night despite dreaming about being at work - yeah I've already done a days work in my sleep and it was not an easy one might I say, you do not want Simon Cowell as a member! 


Catch ya laters, 



Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""


No comments: