Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 10 September 2018

Will you crumble?

10th September 2018
Life is the most difficult exam.  Many people fail because they try to copy others, not realising that everyone has a different question paper.


Yay they let me sleep till 6, I still woke a few times but at least I’ve slept. Yesterday was mostly a walking on eggshells kind of day, thankfully I’d had breakfast with my bestie which gave me strength. Burger for breakfast, so wrong by so right, my first visit to the OK diner in Cannock but not my last, always a bonus when the server is lovely too, makes all the difference.

Spent the day sat on my backside watching tele and as we couldn’t find owt to watch I caved and signed up for 18m of Sky Cinema at £10 a month, it’s worth it if it gives us something to keep me sane and her occupied. We watched Fast & Furious 8 & Final Score she had no idea of the storyline (oh and even before the Alzheimer’s she wouldn’t have kept up either) but it didn’t matter because she was happy looking at the Rock, Vin Diesel and all the other hunks! Well when I say happy... I’m mean occupied. They’d woke me up at half four then both of them slept in the afternoon, I couldn’t do that unfortunately.

Now we’re starting another week, I haven’t lost any weight, no surprise there, I don’t function without sleep, I’ve actually gained a pound or two, cake straight out with dog so not checked the numbers. As I type I’m walking him round the estate.

I’ve got lots to do today and a trip to the dentist, got to try and get mom an appointment now too because her front tooth’s fell out, it’s a crown I think, ain’t day to day life dull sometimes. But even in the normality of it all, if you pay attention you will notice good stuff. I’ve just smiled at a patch of mushrooms growing in the middle of someone’s lawn, could they be magic, let’s hope no fool risks trying them.

Oh my crochet project, I have had so many muck ups sewing it together, having to pull back because I’ve done it wrong, I’m not gonna lie I’ll be glad when it’s done and I can do a few smaller things that don’t take so long.

I’m going to have egg and beans (home made) for breakfast, start my day with a decent meal, like I mean to have a good week, can’t change what’s gone, can only look forward.

It’s looking like a dry day but I’m not sure if we’ll see any sunshine so we’ll have to make our own but if a pudding is your idea of sunshine in a bowl, here’s a delicious recipe for you, I haven’t made them as I can live without the pudding (although if someone makes them and wants to bring me a sample, I won’t say no, apple crumble is one of my favs) but I’ve had a member test the recipe and she says they’re epic.

Apple crumble muffins
Serve 6- Texas size large muffins

2 SmartPoints- for 1
5 SmartPoints for 2

Ingredients
3/4 Cup Self Raising Flour- reserve 2Tbsp
2 eggs beaten
6 fresh dates chopped
3 Tablespoon boiling water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon bi carb Soda
1 can of apples (385g) purée - 1/2 the can
2tsp brown sugar
2tsp light dairy spread (I use light beautifully butterly spread Aldi)

Method
1. Preheat oven 160 degrees fan forced or 180 degrees. Place Texas muffin papers in the tin- Woolworths sell paper ones.
2. Place dates in a microwave proof bowl and add water. Microwave dates for 1min.
3. Add bicarb soda whilst dates are hot and mash dates. The mixture will foam up.
4. Mix in puréed Apple, cinnamon, flour and eggs.
5. In a small bowl mix well the reserved flour, sugar and butter. (I add more cinnamon here too)
6. Distribute 1tbs of mixture into prepared cases then top with some reserved apples. Distribute the remaining mix and spread to cover the apples.
7. Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the muffins.
8. Bake for 15-20mins or until they are browned and the tops spring back.

Well I’m back home, it’s 7.20am and let the work begin, let’s make today so very great, yesterday gets jealous. Find more smile moments than you thought possible and continue to work on those healthy habits for your real life.

No comments: