Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 3 September 2018

Feeling good this Monday

3rd September 2018
Stop trying to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.





“Don’t wake Bev up!” 4 words I dread to hear, normally because I was asleep before she shouts them in what mom thinks is her whisper voice!  This morning though around 5ish, I was awake because she’d already woken me at 3.45am with the noisiest visit to the bathroom you can possibly make, she doesn’t just empty her commode, I’m sure she uses it as a drum and plays a tune as she rants away to herself with lines like ‘if this is living…’ and ‘what have I done to deserve this life’, I did manage to doze off, then an hour later I could hear her quietly – NOT – looking for her Rennies, honestly the woman is like a baby elephant but a very lovable one. 

It’s 7am now, Alfie’s already been walked and I feel like I’m going to have a productive day, the second in a row.  Yesterday I met Lynne for breakfast at McDonalds, she loves them so I decided to give them a go, nope still don’t like their breakfasts, I love a Big Mac but I don’t get the pre 10.30am menu at all, other than the orange juice.   When I left her, I popped to Waitrose for my happy hour of browsing round and looking at the shelves, I had a coupon too and now my fridge is full of good, healthy food.  I have to say though it was the coldest shopping trip I’ve ever done, I was in the one at Lichfield and the fridges seemed super cold, I was dithering by the time I got to the safety of the canned section.

I was home by noon and felt quite energised so I started putting away my food and cleaned the fridge before doing so, then it escalated, before I knew it I’d done the washing up and completely cleaned everywhere downstairs, hovered, mopped the floor the lot.   I do love a tidy house, I’m going to tackle upstairs today, who knows my office might even get done this week, but let’s not get too ambitious. 

The thing about cleaning the kitchen is you then don’t want to start cooking because it’ll make a mess again, so I opted for easy so as not to make too much mess, for dinner I really enjoyed cod fish cakes with cheddar and lemon (7SP) and 2 potato waffles (3SP each) with green beans and beetroot.

For my tea last night I had a delicious sushi & tofu bento, the gumph on the box says;  White & black rice vegetable rolls, baked marinated tofu on top of shiitake mushroom & coriander salad & mixed vegetable sushi rice served with sweet potato & carrot salad, pickled red cabbage & spicy sesame dressing, chopsticks included – it was delicious for 11SP.

I went way over on my Smart Points allowance but I managed a maintain on the scales this morning – no shame in a maintain!  So I officially lost 5lb throughout August, I’m very happy with that, now to chip away at it and try and lose a little more before Christmas because I know what will happen then!  

To help me do that, today I’ve got a kitchen with a bowl of fruit in it that I intend to start eating, a fridge full of good healthy food and thanks to my 28 days of eating well last month, I realised I already do eat pretty well so I just need to continue doing that, keep the portion sizes sensible and stop having those odd treats I don’t need and only have because they’re there – damn you Walkers cheese and onion!

Here’s to a fresh week, a magic Monday, having a very great day, looking for the smile moments and focussing on creating those healthy habits for life, one of which for me is drinking a pint of water every morning, what healthy habits have you got in place.

No comments: