Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 22 September 2018

Be who you want to be BeYOUtiful!


22nd September 2018
Whatever you are, be a good one.

We call it autumn, Americans call it fall, I like that, so if we fall a little this season we can get up as soon as possible and let’s be honest no one stays focused all the time so knowing it’s okay to take a stumble makes it easier to handle.

I spent hours working yesterday when I normally wouldn’t, so I ended up with an egg sarnie for breakfast, and a veggie burger in a deli thin for my dinner.  Not sure whats on the menu today but I do have the ingredients for the pasta Bolognese recipe in the new cookbook although, the beef needs defrosting.  Or I could make the Tuna pasta bake from the book, decisions, decisions.  Then there’s these two recipes I noticed this morning on pinterest both look good!


Actually I have spuds I need to use up too from the recipe I did Thursday, ooo there’s a delicious looking Spanish omelette in that cookbook, they’ll go nicely in that and mom might eat some too.  Could even do that before work for breakfast.  We’ll see.  Not gonna get anything done if I don’t pull my finger out!

I plan to have a nice relaxing day once I’ve done my meeting this morning which I love, once I’ve walked Alfie, hopefully not in the rain!  Then the rest of the day I’ll chill with mom, maybe start a new crochet project, just finished my besties blanket, I do love using that wool, but at over £10 a ball, eek, hers would’ve cost almost £50 just for the wool had I not got it off Facebook marketplace for half price.  I have lots of other wool to play with, I’ll have a think about what to do with it, I’ve got a few ideas swirling around in my head.

Have I mentioned lately that you are BeYOUtiful?  Yeah you, reading this, you are an amazing individual regardless of what you weigh or look like, there’s not another one like you, you are completely one off, 100% original, a masterpiece.  Remember masterpieces take time and you’re constantly working on you.

I was having a text conversation with someone yesterday, the content of which isn’t important but it was about losing weight and being at goal, we were disagreeing on the importance of the scales, I sat down to wait for my massage and caught myself in the mirror, the tshirt I had on was tight and you could see I was carrying extra weight that in a perfect world I wouldn’t want.  I also looked a bit tired from a busy, hectic week and from my life that is.  At this point, it would’ve been so easy to start that self-loathing that people do so well, that “I hate myself because I’m overweight, I hate my body because it’s ugly”, you know the sort of thing and yes I’ve done it in the past.  But no, never again, I love me, I love every inch of me, even that top belly.  At this moment in time, I’m doing everything I can to survive this life I have because it’s not always easy and I don’t always like it.  Why would I chose to make it even worse by hating myself and my body?  That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever does it?  Instead I smiled back at my reflection and thought to myself, I’m doing alright, I’m coping with everything the universe is throwing at me and taking care of me and mine to the best of my ability at this time.

So no, the scales aren’t the only indicator of my success, of my health and wellbeing, there are so many other things to tell me I’m doing okay.  Those blood tests I had the other week came back all good, which means my body is in pretty good condition,  other than the hormonal changes it’s going through, which again I’m surviving.  I’m a bloody good person, whatever I weigh, I do good things and make people feel good about themselves, I don’t have to be a certain weight to have those qualities!  I’m real, I’m caring and I’m kind, my weight again doesn’t make me better or worse at any of that.

And guess what, you’re weight doesn’t make you a different person either, you’re still you, still BeYOUtiful and you know what else, we don’t take care of anything we don’t love, so learn to love yourself, then you’ll take care of yourself and then the weight loss or maintenance becomes a side effect.

I’m going to spend some time this weekend, picking a few more recipes out of my cookbook to cook because I want to cook delicious food for this body I love, what are you going to do this weekend to take care of you?

Here’s to a very great day BeYOUtiful, take care of you xx


No comments: