Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 19 September 2018

But first tea


19th September 2018
The bad news is time flies, the good news is you’re the pilot.


Walking and writing, I’ve just decided this week is all about improving my eating habits rather than perfecting them. I need to take a step back and breathe.

Sometimes I think we get to the point where it feels like we are just fighting a losing battle but we’re not. A member made me realise that yesterday, she didn’t even realise she had. I know she’s got as much going on in her life as me - if not more!
Over the last few weeks I’ve watched her look more tired and worn out each week then yesterday she walked in and looked great! I told her so too (as you should always tell people, compliments are good to give!) and she said yeah I feel a bit better today, decided to make an effort. She’s put herself first, good on her, that’s what we’re talking a little about in meetings this week, the importance of taking a bit of time out for yourself.

So that’s my plan, I’m going to put some time into taking care of me, I’ve got the chilling and doing sod all down to a fine art but I can’t turn into a carer slob, well I can but I don’t want to. I need to make a bit of effort!  Yesterday I was very aware of my top belly, mostly because my leggings were pulling in at the waist and separating it from my bottom belly and making it more obvious. The dress I was wearing wasn’t helping I know and if I wasn’t a WW coach it actually wouldn’t have bothered me so much I don’t think but I am so it did as I’m standing up there in front of everyone telling them how important it is to find time for ourselves – erm practice what you preach luv! Anyway I intend to improve my eating this week and work at losing a few pounds over the coming weeks, it may make a difference to that top belly it may not, that might be my new middle aged shape which is cool, I’ll still love it, I’ll just not wear that dress.

See I’ve improved already, I’ve just left my favourite chips on the shelf in co-op even though they’re reduced and I haven’t bought a loaf because they didn’t have the one I have and I wasn’t buying one that was going to cost me more Smart Points. Oh to be as strong in the evening as I am in the morning wouldn’t that be nice.

Right I have butternut squash, what to do with it?  Think I’m going to do a little experimenting in the kitchen, see if that helps me get my mojo back.  I’ve had this lovely kitchen done and I’m not using it for what I meant it for.

Good news time though, for me anyway, yesterday a chap walked into my meeting at the end of it and gave me some sob story about his mates taking him out for his birthday (he even had the card, cos if you’d have been blathered you’d still have your card – whatever!), I said cut to the chase how much do you need, £4.50 for bus fare back to West Bromwich, I knew he was most likely full of it and just sponging but I thought what the heck, my conscience is clear and off he trotted with a promise to put the money in a dementia charity tub!  I’m a big believer in paying it forward and you get what you give.  Well when I got home there a letter from ‘You’ve been framed’ to say my video clip that I sent in back in January 2017 is going to be used in the next series and they’re going to pay me £250 for the privilege = fabulous news.  Gonna treat myself to a pair of Uggs I think.

Right here’s to a very improved great day, take time for you BeYOUtiful, I’m going to.

No comments: