Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Keep going Warrior

12th September 2018
Sometimes the bravest thing you can do is to keep going when you really feel like giving up.


Yeah keep going, every step may feel like it’s getting harder sometimes, but don’t stop because it’s worth it.  The thing weight loss and getting your healthy on is it’s a bit like hill walking, you get to the top of that hill and the view is just glorious.  However at some point you come back down, real life interrupts (if you’re one of the lucky ones maybe it doesn’t but I’ve not met one of them yet!)  The trick is to keep going, if you feel like you’re sinking, paddle!  Heck lie on your back and float just don’t sink, don’t give up, keep going and one day you’ll wake up and start climbing that next hill, it might actually feel like a mountain but circumstances will change and something inside you will click and you’ll be back to finding it easier and feeling better about everything.

Right then Warrior, if you want to be in my tribe you’ve got to keep going!  Ask yourself what you can do today to help you to take that first step up that hill.  I’m doing things at my own pace and that’s okay, so should you.

I’ve managed SLEEP – yay, I’ve woken in the night yeah, but I’ve managed to snooze until 7ish after telling Alfie to go away and leave me alone! 

I’m not at my goal weight, heck my goal weight is so far away I’m at the other side of the field!  It doesn’t mean I’m just going to say sod it and give up, nope on the days my heads in a good place I have an epic day, on the days it’s not I’ll do my best and accept I’m human and that bag of cheese and onion crisps made me feel better if only for a short time.

I don’t know how old you are but I’m 48½ years old and I’ve been ‘dieting’ since I left school, I refuse to be that person now, now I eat healthy and that’s what WW Flex teaches.  I know what’s good for me, I know moving more helps which is why as much as Alfie is a ballache, walking him if only a little helps.  I miss the days when I used to spend an entire weekend in Snowdonia walking up mountains, or walking along the coastal path in Pembrokeshire, that’s not realistic with mom now.  I’m living the life I have to the best of my ability and when it changes again, so will I.

Nothing stays the same, change is the only constant, so today instead of thinking about what you’ve done ‘wrong’, focus on what could go right.  Habit, it’s all in the habits we have in our lives, so what habits could you work on creating, again because changing a habit is truly difficult, they have been building for years, so replace them with new habits.  I know you’re thinking ‘what habits?’ and that’s the hard bit but start to notice over the coming days what you do that helps. I drink a pint of water each morning, I use skimmed milk, I try not to buy too much processed food.  Maybe healthy habits is another blog in itself, if you have any to add, let me know.

I’m off to walk the dog on this grim grey day, or we could say on this serene silver day, see it’s all about how you look at things!

Thinking about what I’ve wrote, let’s make today a very great day compared to yesterday.  Ask yourself what you can do today to help you to take that first step up that hill and smile, even if it’s not a real smile, fake it till you make it.  You can’t say bubbles with a sad face!  Let’s work out what those healthy habits need to be for your real life.

Oh and if you’re interested in what I ate yesterday, it’s on my Instagram @bev_ww https://www.instagram.com/bev_ww/


No comments: