Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 21 July 2018

Remembering the love between us


21st July 2018
Value not the things you have in life, but rather who you have in life.


Well we had a very, great day yesterday!  After it starting off in a way we’d both have rather not experienced, we put that out of our minds and went and sat in the shade outside.  Then enjoyed about 3 hours of singing along to old songs on youtube whilst chilling.  The beauty of doing that is you have to stay on the youtube screen (unless you pay money) so I couldn’t be faffing on my phone at the same time or the song would stop.  At first when I realised I was all ‘oh ma’an’ then I appreciated the break from technology was probably just what I needed.  It was my day off, I shouldn’t be checking in with my members messages on Facebook.  My next move in my game of scrabble could wait, I’d been stuck on the same level of Candy Crush for days so who cared and those messages beeping through could wait a few hours!

We loved it and only came in when it started to rain, then we changed our attention to Netflix and America’s got talent which kept us going until The Voice (kids) started, oh and we did a celebrity Tipping Point in-between.

Yeah I was reminded of my mom’s vulnerability yesterday and it made me forget all her cantankerous behaviour of late and focus on the now. 

We need to focus more on the NOW, because no matter how much we stress or obsess about the past or the future, we can’t change either one!  It’s in the present where our power lies.  From a Weight Watchers point of view, we’re can be guilty of regretting what we’ve eaten, the choices we’ve paid, then we’ll focus on how we can pull that back tomorrow instead of just saying okay, what can I do right now.

It’s okay to make mistakes, to have bad days, to be less than perfect, to do what’s best for you and to just be yourself.   We don’t have to be everything to everybody all the time.

Alfie was a little darling yesterday, it was as if he knew I could do with a second walk and some fresh air, he took me on the longest walk he’s done in weeks, he then stopped and rolled around in a pile of dusty dirt like sand he found and actually changed his colour to a grey brown but it made me smile and again remember why I love him, because he’s not always a pain in the backside.

Anyway today’s another day, got my meeting this morning so I better go get myself ready for that, hoping moms better this morning and we have another very, great day.

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, healthy and happy and in the NOW!

No comments: