Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 16 July 2018

learning from my surroundings!

16th July 2018
Life is more than one big to do list.



I appreciate we haven’t all got dementia but we can learn from it. Yesterday was a tough day for me mom wasn’t good (it’s not her fault) she was so negative about everything! How can we get anything from my crap day, firstly I don’t have a choice but to be in her company (well I do and I choose to be because I love her and want to care for her), most of us get to choose who we spend our time with most of the time so don’t hang around with mood hoovers because as positive as you may be, at some point that negativity rubs off! This also includes negative surroundings, mom likes to fixate on the horrible newspaper articles then she’ll watch horrible crime shows that get her worked up and angry. All resulting in a person who’s in a vile mood. The only time her mood was good yesterday was when she first woke up before all those things influenced her, for a time when we were singing along to her songs in the garden and then again whilst watching the voice which cheered her up again.

A successful weight loss journey and life come to that is all about your surroundings from the food you buy that enters your house, to your house - is it clean, tidy, uncluttered? Then the people, Weight Watchers works because of that group support, like-minded people together in one place believing they can achieve their goals.

I was woken by mom talking to Alfie (loudly) this morning then telling him not to come and wake me up, it was a reasonable time (6ish) so I didn’t mind, now I’m walking him slowly, he walks very slowly some mornings and it does my head in, especially when I ain’t even had a mug of tea!

I’ll nip to the shops this morning to escape the craziness for an hour, I’ve got tandoori chicken kebabs for lunch (prepped them yesterday afternoon then didn’t fancy. The meatball I had yesterday worked a treat, the were delicious.

I may not be able to change mom, but I can work on my protective shield to it all, I can eat healthy, make sure I get plenty of sleep, get some fresh air where possible, generally take care of me and remind myself nothing lasts forever.

It’s Monday, another weeks starting, all is good at this time, here’s to working on a very great day BeYOUtiful, take control of your surroundings and in return they’ll help you take care of yourself.


No comments: