Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Is it coming home?


11th July 2018
Working hard is important, but there is something that matters even more: Believing in yourself.


Well I only went and got a maintain on the scales after moms long birthday weekend, happy with that, mustn’t get complacent though, it could easily catch me up and bite me on the bum.  Thankfully almost all the goodies are gone, mom has a couple of boxes of chocolates I have to try and resist and alcohol doesn’t go off so that’s not a problem, I’ll put it out of sight!

Got me a supermarket shop coming this morning, we can get back to eating normally again.  I didn’t do too badly yesterday, ate the leftover orzo salad from last week, I will definitely be making more of that, it’s getting me to eat chick peas too which is a bonus.

I think I’m going to have a go at growing my own garlic! https://www.remediely.com/garlic-is-arguably-one-of-the-worlds-most-versatile-and-healthiest-foods/ I have a clove that’s going spare, I can put a few cloves in my little herb garden, how cool with that be if it works.
Apparently all you need to do is follow these simply 5 steps:
  1. Break up the garlic bulb into cloves and bury them a couple inches deep in loose, damp soil.
  2. Make sure you keep the pointed side of the clove facing upwards.
  3. When your garlic sprouts, make sure to give them water when the topsoil feels dry but be sure to not overwater – garlic tends to not need too much water.
  4. Cut off any flowers that bloom to preserve the flavour of your garlic.
  5. Once your garlic plant has 5 or 6 leaves, it’s ready to be pulled up!
Easy enough!

I’m going to have stewing steak, mushrooms, veggies and mash today.  I was going to make a pie lid for the beef but the Co-op didn’t have any this morning and I’m not sure if I have any plain flour to make my own or if I can be bothered to do that, we’ll have mash instead.  Got some gardening to do this morning, few weeds to pull up and the hanging baskets need dead heading, they haven’t been done all weekend, and actually nothing’s been done this weekend except love and laughter.

I keep forgetting to take the salmon out the freezer, I’ll try to remember to do it when I get downstairs, then I can have that tomorrow.

Let’s be honest all most people are thinking about today is football, will we win or won’t we!  I’m working tonight, hopefully I’ll get back for some of the second half, gutted I won’t be able to watch it all with mom, she’s really been enjoying it and seems to know what’s going on better than most!  Let’s hope we get the result we want and I’ll be able to watch the final with mom on Sunday. 

Here’s to a very, great day in every way, you up for that BeYOUtiful?  I sure am…

No comments: