Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 23 July 2018

Here's to surviving the summer holidays


23rd July 2018
It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to has power over you, if you allow it.

Late this morning because I slept in, I could hear Alfie tap dancing round my bedroom but I ignored him, I could hear mom telling him to be quiet and not wake me up and I ignored that too, then I managed to go back to sleep till 7 when Alfie returned and I admitted defeat.  We’ve been for our walk, it’s going to be a hot one today - it already is! 


Food, we had a delicious 15SP posh fish finger sandwich yesterday, I used Warburtons White Bistro Deli Buns Thins for 5SP each, I have to say they were good, got them on offer for £1 a pack, then added 2 giant fish fingers from Ocado, they were amazing, this is why I love food when it tastes like that did, just delicious. 

Sat here trying to think what’s in the fridge that needs eating first, there’s cooked chicken breast, might do a chicken dinner of some sort with them today, might be able to tempt mom.  To do that I have to make it not look like a proper meal, if that makes sense.  So instead of mash or boiled potatoes we’ll have potato croquettes, 2 for 6SP (100g), I was thinking about doing a cottage pie of sorts but instead of mash on the top use the croquettes.  There’s a nice looking cauliflower cheese for 6SP a portion, I could hide the chicken in that!  Then I have the Bird’s eye potato waffles which are 3SP each and I really can’t wait to eat, gonna have them with eggs and spaghetti hoops I think and maybe some beetroot.   This is why I like online shopping because I can get the order on my computer screen and decide what to do with it.

I think I’ve done just enough this week to lose that 2lb I gained last week, it’s all in the balance, yes I had a Maccy’s, yes I’ve had Prosecco but I’ve also eaten some healthy meals throughout the week.  I’m hungry now though, need to go make me some breakfast, I’m fancying eggs and tomatoes on toast with a big mug of tea before starting my errands and everything that needs doing.

One of the things I’ll be doing today is the big butterfly count, https://www.bigbutterflycount.org this is something we should all do, it’d be great to do with the kids too.  15 minutes of taking time out to enjoy the sunshine, nature and being quiet – yep you need to do it!

I’m going to get mom to do it with me.  You can send in your sightings online at www.bigbutterflycount.org or by using our FREE big butterfly count smartphone apps available for iOS and Android.

Right that’s me, I’m off to continue my day, kids are now off for the summer, my besties on her holiday and we’ve all got the rest of summer to survive – can we do it?  Hell yes we can!

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, you’ve got the power!

 

 


No comments: