Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 3 October 2013

Up early, thanks Alfie....

3rd October 2013
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. Mark Twain
Damn dog woke me up at 4.30am to go up garden, stole half hour of sleep from me, no point going back to bed when your alarm is set for 5am!
I know it’s my job and all but yesterday I did even more talking about weight loss than I normally would with people who weren’t in my meetings, I do love how everyone has a different outlook on it and opinion of how to solve our weight loss plans. 
Someone once said to me “It’s not rocket science you just don’t put it on your mouth”, I was really struggling with my weight at the time; I was really struggling with life, never mind my weight!  Of course at that time, that person was in a great place; they’d lost lots of weight and they were also fully immersed in everything active.  I recently bumped into that person and they had regained all their weight and more!  I personally believe weight loss is far more complex than rocket science actually, they’ve successfully mastered rockets, they haven’t solved the weight loss problem for all yet!   I don’t know anyone who has totally 100% mastered it, they may have it sussed at any one time but I believe we’re only one meal away from our old habits and behaviours, it’s a constant journey of learning and growth, and different times in our life require different approaches.  The lesson is don’t ever think you’ve got it ‘sussed’, don’t get cocky or superior over another because you don’t know what’s round the corner, I’ve lost and gained my weight so many times and everyone time I lost it, I thought ‘this is it, I’ve got this shit sorted!” I wish ;-)
So my approach these days as you no is all about the healthy and happy, I don’t go in for drastic, I don’t believe in trying to change your eating habits so much that you no longer identify with them, I don’t believe in putting food on your plate that truly deep inside you’re not keen on just because you hope it will help you lose weight, I don’t believe in 3 square meals a day for everyone, I don’t believe in grazing and eating little and often is the solution either.
What do I believe then?  I believe we’re all different, there is no one size fits all solution, our solutions might change depending on our lives at that time.  I believe in changing your habits one at a time, tweaking your behaviour, finding a balance, giving yourself permission to eat anything you want as long as it’s not likely to affect your health in a negative way long term or your happiness.
Most of all I believe in never giving up on yourself, your health or your happiness!
If you’re in a bad place and you’re struggling with your eating behaviour, accept what you’re doing, don’t focus on the effect it’s having on your weight, focus on the effect it’s having on your mood!  I bet any overeating you’re doing is not making you feel any better – it may be distracting you for a very short time from your problems and issues (is that time you’re distracted even long enough to be worth the after effects).  Stop ignoring your issues/problems/bad feelings and stuffing your face, instead decide to face them and do what you can to sort them out or experience them.
Yeah eating a cake/crisps is probably a more appealing solution but the other stuff will still be there when you’ve eaten it and you’ll still be overweight, maybe even more so which ultimately gives you a whole other problem.
It may be that for a short time you decide to give yourself a few more daily ProPoints to allow you to eat more but in a more controlled way, you can be practising maintenance for a whole instead of going the other way and gaining.  It may be that you try F&H so that you can have food without worrying about ProPointing.  When you’re not doing well, that’s the time you really need the support of a meeting, everything is easier with support, there’s nothing worse than feeling you’re alone. xx

So enough of that, back to food J yesterday for my breakfast I had 0% Greek yogurt, 20g oats, sliced banana, chopped mango & a squirt of honey.  It was delicious and yet I’ve had that yogurt in the fridge for weeks and kept putting off eating it thinking, ‘ooo it’ll be cold and sour and I want something nice’.  Isn’t it funny how our minds fool us as it wasn’t any of those things, it was absolutely delicious and I need to remember that for future reference, I do like Greek yogurt and I should eat it more often.
For lunch I had liver and bacon in onion gravy, I followed the recipe out of the Hairy Bikers new cook book but to be honest it wasn’t any different to how I would have done mine normally except they added flour to the liver and a few teaspoons of tomato ketchup to the gravy.  It was delicious, if I made it again, I wouldn’t bother with the bacon, the liver is delicious, full of lots of flavour and the bacon is unnecessary in that dish, I did like the added bit of ketchup though.  I also added more oxo cubes than they suggested J So actually I didn’t follow their recipe much at all!
For tea I had the leftover onion gravy with two Weight Watcher Petit Pains and a bit of blue cheese, absolutely delicious!
Eating Gorgeous is the key, it’s way more fun that Eating Skinny or Eating Clean!
So today and everyday BeYOUtiful & be gentle on yourself because no one is perfect and you wouldn’t want to be. xx
 

No comments: