Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Awesome members & self-fulfilling prophecies.....

30th October 2013
Alice: “this is impossible” The Mad Hatter “Only if you believe it is!”
My first day back at work yesterday and it was fabulous, I do love my meetings, my members are awesome – all of them and it was great to be back there with them enjoying their smiles at the scales, even those that hadn’t lost were smiling because they’d mostly enjoyed the ‘not losing’ part.  I was reminded of how fantastic my members are doing on their weight loss journey’s, another 136lb added to their total weight loss, the wonderful Jane received her 8 stone weight loss award last night, she’s doing amazingly well and I can tell she’s made lifelong changes that will ensure it doesn’t go back on.  Emily is 1lb from her goal weight having lost just over 5 stone and Louisa also achieved her 5 stone award yesterday  - just inspiring all of them.  Of course it isn’t just the big losers who are awesome, it’s all of my members because everybody’s journey is individual to them, two ladies spring to mind Julie and Vicky, both joined me having tried before but never keeping the weight off, however this time they know if they want the weight to stay away, the changes they make have to be for life, they both attended all through the kids six weeks holidays knowing they were just doing their best to maintain the weight they’d already lost as they were doing too many things with the kids to focus on weight loss in the holidays, however know in the run up to Christmas they’re both refocused and losing again.  These are just a snapshot of the fantastic members I have and there are many more, all of which I’m extremely proud of!
So how did I do at the scales on my return, well I weighed in the Tuesday before I had my operation and in the two weeks since then I’ve lost 1.5lb, that’ll motivate me to lose a bit more before Christmas, I have 7 more weigh-ins before them!
I decided Monday to try Filling and Healthy and I posted on Facebook in a group, “Right in typical Monday style - I need to get on this! 8 weigh in's till Christmas, I want to do F&H from now to then 100% get on my case ladies!”
The first response I got from the amazing Alison was, “What have you got planned Beverley? X”
I remember sitting there thing “Oh, plan – mmm I haven’t!” So I waffled some reply about not really being good at planning, but that I only had F&H foods in my fridge, blah blah blah”
It then made me stop and think and realise, if you fail to plan – you plan to fail, what was I expecting to happen, magic F&H meals to appear and make my fat disappear!  Well that wasn’t gonna happen was it, okay I may only have F&H foods in the kitchen but let’s be honest with myself, if that’s the case and I don’t think about it, then I come in hungry and nothings planned or ready am I going to stand in the kitchen thinking, “what shall I cook, what would I enjoy”, hell no I’m not, I’m going to grab the Weight Watcher loaf of bread and make a ham sandwich – yeah that might be filling and healthy but is it going to satisfy me emotionally not just physically – I can confirm the answers a bit fat NO!
 
I took on board what she said and I sat and planned the next few days, it’s not Wednesday and this morning before I leave the house I’m going to plan the next few days again, I have lunch planned already, leftover curry as I had my beef stew yesterday for lunch and tea.
I’ve also been noticing the last few weeks people saying stuff like, “I just can’t do it”, “I’m hopeless at this weight loss, I always fail”, “I get to a certain weight and I just can’t lose anymore” or similar, they’re dangerous thought patterns, you can turn them into self-fulfilling prophecies!  WHAT you may be thinking, yeah I remember the first time I heard it too, I was like a what prophecy, so here’s the explanation; The self-fulfilling prophecy is a statement that alters actions and therefore comes true. For example, a person stating “I’m probably going to have a lousy day,” might alter his actions so that such a prediction is fulfilled by his actions. This may be an unconscious gesture. A person who might espouse a self-fulfilling prophecy in a positive way “I’m going to have a great day.” might act in ways that will actually make this prediction true.
You get it now, if you didn’t before?  
Remember what you think is just as powerful as what you eat!
If you expect to fail you probably will, however if you believe you will succeed, then watch this space…..
On that note, have an amazing day, eat gorgeous, BeYOUtiful because as always you are so worth the effort.
xx

No comments: