Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 18 October 2013

Mostly been having my throat cut!

What a day yesterday was, I had my throat cut not something many get to say with a smile.   I had my surgery to remove my branchial cyst from my neck.

I had to be at the hospital at 7am, nil by mouth from 9pm night before and I didn't go into theatre until 4pm, 3 hours the operation lasted, the lovely surgeon told me it was more complicated than they'd expected but all is fine, I'm lying here with a drain in my neck and hoping to get to go he later today.

12 hours without food I went yesterday and 13 hours without water, I was surprised I wasn't ravenous. The only time my belly rumbled was about noon otherwise I wasn't fussed.

I expected to be a complete mess but I was find all day until about 3ish when they were unsure if I had a bed which would've meant cancelling the op, having already missing work, leaving mom worried and getting myself all stressed out is have been gutted.  Luckily they found me a bed and alls good, I have to say everyone has been lovely - I cannot fault this hospital or it's staff.

Necks sore this morning, hopefully they'll give me painkillers soon, I've got to have one more antibiotic injected into my hand then the cannula can come out  - horrible things the are.  I'll be glad to have this tube out my neck too.

When I did get to eat it was 9pm and I got a cheese and spring onion sandwich which I struggled to eat but the cup of tea - oh nectar is all I can say better than wine!

Almost time for them to bring round breakfast I think so I'll keep it short.

Cant believe how many lovely caring people I know, thanks for all the messages xx

BeYOUtiful

No comments: