Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 31 October 2013

Is Halloween as scary as the scales ;)

31st October 2013
Beginnings are usually scary and ends are usually sad, but it’s everything in between that’s makes it all worth living!
 
Are these scarier than Halloween!
 

Happy Halloween!  Have you carved out your pumpkin?  More importantly what have you done with the insides of it, did you cook it up into something delicious, if yes – let me know.
 
What about a nice simple Filling & Healthy pumpkin curry, and the only ProPoints in it would be the mustard oil for 4pp, so perfect whichever plan you’re following!

 

Pumpkin Curry

1/2 Kg Pumpkin
1Green chilli
Ginger  Chopped
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
1 tablespoon Mustard oil
1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
 
·        Peel and cut the pumpkin in cubes.
·        Cut the chilli in half, remove the seeds and chop.
·        Heat oil in a frying pan add cumin seeds let them splutter.
·        Add green chilli and let them brown.
·        Add the pumpkin, turmeric, ginger and coriander seeds.
·        Toss a little, cover and leave to cook over a low heat until the pumpkin is tender and the water has been absorbed.
·        Garnish Pumpkin Curry with coriander leaves and Enjoy with brown rice (60g dried weight = 6pp if ProPointing).
 
I may do that one myself at the weekend, as I’m at a training day all day tomorrow, and of course I have five meetings today so a tad busy.
 
Yet again I’m a proud leader as one of my members is in the Christmas edition of the Weight Watcher magazine, I sat and cried with pride as I read the letter her gorgeous daughter Charlotte (age 12) had written to her mom and sent to Weight Watchers, it’s a very emotional letter that makes you realise it isn’t just the person with the weight issue that’s affected it’s their loved ones too!  Charlotte is a very special young lady; she also sent me a letter two years ago that still sits in my office reminding me that I make a difference.
 
My cousins in the magazine too, she’s the gorgeous lady in the red dress on pages 96-98, I haven’t had chance to read the magazine through yet, but I’m looking forward to having me a sit down and a cuppa at the weekend whilst I do.  Until then though I have two very busy days ;) thankfully I’m all organised, kitchens full of F&H ingredients, I fancy making the Donor Kebab recipe from my recipe sheets, I’ll post it at the end if you can’t find it.  I’ll have ith with Actifry chips I think instead of pitta, right I need to get myself sorted, can’t be sitting here in my PJs all day, I’m not off sick now J
 
Have a healthy and happy day, focus on Eating Gorgeous and as always BeYOUtiful. xx
 
Donor Kebab
Serves 4, F&H or 4pp's per serving
 
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g extra lean mince beef (16pp)

Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C.  In a large bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Add the beef mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your beef mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.  Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray. Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.  Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta and salad.  NOTE: On F&H you can have WW pitta bread, if doing ProPoints you will need to add extra pp's for the pitta bread.
 
 

No comments: