Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Listen to your body - it may not agree with your mind!

22nd October 2013
Life is like a roller coaster, it has it’s up and down but it’s your choice to scream or enjoy the ride.
 
One thing I love about myself is I’m ever the optimist, I’m not one for questions so when my consultant told about my operation and his plans I thought, brill I’ll have it done Thursday and be up and about Friday ;0) mmm 
So sitting round all weekend gave me a lot of spare time, too poorly to actually do anything so just a lot of sitting and thinking and one thing I paid a great deal of attention to was my body and how it was feeling and functioning and how the food I did manage to consume was affecting it.  WHITE BREAD in my body is evil food, my body does not like processed food in quantity at all, I can actually feel it go through my system, my stomach knows what it likes and processed / junk food isn’t on its to eat list at all.  Yesterday I was craving vegetables, managed to find a half bag of carrots in the fridge and a tin of mushy peas and we had fish with it, that’s the first actual proper meal I’ve eaten since last Wednesday and it was divine and I’m sure I almost heard my stomach say thank you and my digestion system smiled.
See Eating Gorgeous isn’t just about what you want to weigh, it’s also about how you want to feel and I know when I put good grub in I feel much better in myself.  Obviously I’ve not had fresh veggies in my kitchen because I haven’t left the house since I got home Friday (doctors orders), my mom isn’t very domesticated  in the kitchen so we’ve lived on soup and bread! 
Here’s something for you to ponder if you’ve not been losing lately - why aren’t you succeeding in your weight loss effort?  One possible reason could be that your environment is programmed to keep you the person you were yesterday, is it acting like a kind of prison?  I got this idea from an email yesterday that had nothing to do with weight loss but it got me to thinking about how our surroundings do really affect us and keep us stuck.   It makes sense doesn’t it, if all I had in my house was white bread and tinned soup, then I’m not set up for success, if your freezer is full of ready meals then that’s most likely what you’re going to eat and you’ll maybe follow it up with a bar of chocolate from the kitchen drawer because that’s where you hide your stash.
I spent yesterday looking through cook books for new ideas, I’m going to put together a shopping list and make some delicious filling and healthy meals over the coming weeks because I’ve realised that’s what my body likes and what makes it perform at its best.  Yes the weather is affecting my mood but the food I’m choosing because of the weather is also affecting my mood and how I feel!
Below is one recipe I found on facebook yesterday, so I haven’t tried it yet but I do love a donor kebab so I will be trying them very soon because it’s a much healthier version, they’d be great for a bonfire night party, it’s not that far away, we’re heading towards Halloween already.
Have a great day, start to pay attention to how you feel after you’ve eaten something, is the moment of instant gratification worth the effect it then has on your energy levels, your mood and how your body feels after you’ve eaten it?  BeYOUtiful and always Eat Gorgeous your body and mind will thank you for it. xx
 
Donor Kebab - Serves 4
F&H or 4pp's per serving

Ingredients
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g extra lean mince beef (16pp)
Instructions
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C
In a large bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder,
cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Add the beef mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your beef mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.  Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray. Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta and salad.

NOTE:
On F&H you can have WW pitta bread, if doing ProPoints you will need to add extra pp's for the pitta bread.
 
 

No comments: