Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 4 October 2013

Today I shall mostly be doing diddly squat!

4th October 2013
Mental time-travel is one of the greatest gifts of the mind. It makes us human, and it makes us special.  Claudia Hammond
So my plans today are – NONE!  Once I’ve done the paperwork I have to do I plan to chill out and give my body chance to recover from this cold someone generously passed onto me last weekend. J
 
Cooked a delicious healthy fish and chips lunch yesterday using a Colmans ‘season & steam’ bag (4pp), I used the mixed herb vegetable one but instead put in two pieces of haddock and a courgette chopped up.  It worked, 5 minutes in the microwave and I served it with Actifry chips and mushy peas all for 14pp or if doing a F&H day it uses 3wpp.  Very tasty, would definitely use those bags again.
I also indulged in a packet of McCoy’s salted crisps for 5pp, they were just what I fancied, I did consider the golden wonder ones for 4pp, but realised the McCoy’s were a larger packet and let’s be honest they’re really crunchy and tasty so were well worth it, plus I bought a single packet so no multi-pack meltdowns could follow!
I’ve got some pork in the fridge so I might try this recipe I found the other week, as the photo they lady posted looked delicious, I think I have everything in the house other than the thyme;

Moorish pork skewers

500 g pork fillet                                                                                                           
1 teaspoon hot or sweet pimentón (paprika)
1 teaspoon ground cumin                                                                                      
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves                                                                       
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
drizzle of olive oil (1tsp per person from daily  allowance)                       
salt & freshly ground black pepper

·         Trim the pork fillet of any excess fat and then cut into 2-cm cubes. Place the meat in a large mixing bowl and add the pimentón, cumin, some black pepper, oregano, thyme and garlic. Mix well, drizzle over the olive oil and leave to marinate for at least an hour, but anything up to 2 days is fine
·         When you are ready to cook, thread the meat on to skewers (if you are using wooden skewers it’s a good idea to soak them in water for 30 minutes to stop them burning). They under a hot grill or in a griddle pan over a very high heat. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side – you want them to be cooked through but still juicy on the inside. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
 
Of course that may not happen at all, it depends how I feel once everything is done ;) I’m committing to nothing until I stop coughing!
I have threatened to iron this weekend, I haven’t done that in a very long time, but the weathers changing and I need some of my tops, so it’s gonna have to be done at some point!
Raining out there too, I’m glad, I feel better about dossing about  all day when the weather is rubbish J
Have a great day, EatGorgeous & of course you’re already BEyouTIFUL xx
 
 

No comments: