Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 7 October 2013

It's only numbers ;)

7th October 2013
 “Age is all imagination. Ignore years and they'll ignore you.” - Ella Wheeler-Wilcox
Had a lovely catch up with my girls yesterday, it doesn’t matter how long it is between seeing each other or talking to each other, it always feels like yesterday - it’s so good to see them both so happy too.
It’s been a great weekend all in all, I’m feeling better after my lurgy and the sun shone yesterday too, even had an hour in the garden doing a bit of weeding and sitting in the sun.
Now I often talk about healthy & happy and here is one of my members who is definitely both of those things, she’s always got a smile on her face, you know you’d have fun with her if you were on a night out.  Now when Di joined my meeting, I knew it was going to be a challenge as for 30 years all she’d eaten was, white bread, crisps, pork pie and chips!  Yes I kid you not this lady lived on those 4 foods, she had a food phobia.  I’m happy to report that now she is 2lb from her goal having lost 3 stone, this last two pound has been evading her for weeks because these days she’ll eat anything ;-) Whilst losing her weight, she has learnt to Eat Gorgeous and she does it so well, I’m so proud of how far she has come, when she gets on the scales, if it isn’t a loss, she just says “Oh well it’s only numbers , it’s for life ain’t it!” and I love that, because it shows she’s not looking for a quick solution, she realises that even when she hits her goal weight she will still eat healthy and happy and focus on the Eat Gorgeous.  Notice the smile was there before and after, that’s because she’s a true Happy Owl. Xx
So busy few weeks ahead for me, so I need to get organised, I’m off out for the day today, going to do a cookery day, can’t wait!   Tuesday I’ve got the hospital inbetween meetings, then this Friday I’m at the Civic watching Jim Carr, I’m working for the next Saturday or two, got training the Friday after, then the Friday after that I’ll be stood in the Asda at Bloxwich promoting WW!  Phew, I’ll not be doing a lot of anything else I don’t think.
I did manage to do the ironing yesterday (a good few months of it!) too, as well as take Alfie on two long walks, so I had quite an active day, it’s amazing how much better I felt, one because the sun shone but also because I’d finally shaken the lurgy off, thankfully. 
I think once I’ve used up some of the food in my freezer/fridge and cupboards, I will stock up with plenty of F&H foods so I can do a few F&H days, or at least eat more Filling and healthy foods on my ProPoint days, because I’m getting to bring home the food I cook today, I needed to try and make some space in the freezer, in case I want to freeze it.  I’m really looking forward to today, it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a few years and never got round to it, I always talked myself out of it and said I can learn it from a book – something’s you can’t learn just from reading, you need to be shown.  It also ties in nicely with this weeks meeting talk which is all about “Spice up your life” ;) there’s a nice recipes for samosa’s in the Your Week, mm and spiced dhal with spinach and caramelised onions, that sounds good – I know it’s early but I could J  Oh my, spiced lamb naans anyone nom nom, nice recipes. 
Right I better get off, it’s a good 60 mile drive I think, take my audio book with me I think or maybe just listen to Chris Evans on Radio 2 – yeah it’s official, I’m middle aged and I love it ;)
Happy Monday, BeYOUtiful (my phone automatically types Beautiful as BeYOUtiful using predictive text – that made my day when I realised – I’m so easily pleased.  
 
 

No comments: