Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 6 October 2013

Out of sight.....

6th October 2013
There are so many people out there who will tell you that u can't! What you've got to do is turn around & say "watch me". Healthy & Happy all the way!
Not my usual Saturday yesterday as I worked on the morning, it was great to meet new people though and it looks like I’ll be there for the next one or two Saturdays until the leader has recovered.
Wouldn’t it be much easier to control/lose your weight if there was no one else living in your house?  Yesterday I succumbed to bread and butter, see if mom didn’t live here, there wouldn’t be a block of butter in my kitchen and there definitely wouldn’t be a loaf of seeded bread!  I’m guessing you could come up with similar examples; mom also has quavers, biscuits and chocolate in various cupboards!  When you fancy something nice, knowing they are there doesn’t help at all.
So how do you resist?  Willpower runs out…. motivation gets forgotten…. Mmm
Making sure you’re not hungry helps for sure, it’s not a miracle cure but it most definitely helps, if you haven’t eaten much all day and you come in to see the loaf and the butter on the bread board then resisting it is going to be a toughie as it was for me yesterday, I’d had breakfast but it was 3ish by the time I got home and there it was staring at me, I think it may have even winked!  Then once I’d got the taste for it, it ended up being a meal!
I’m also going to buy a bread bin and a butter dish so at least it’s covered up out of sight; yes I know it’ll still be there but it would be so glaringly obvious, just as mom hides her crisps and biscuits out of my view, I can do the same with the bread and butter.  Having an alternative helps too, I’d run out of my low calories bread and spread so I couldn’t go with the alternative option, which I have to admit isn’t as good as the real deal but it does the job when I’m hungry and just want something fast.
This is where Filling & Healthy can be of benefit, because a slice of low calorie bread is a F&H food and therefore wouldn’t come out of my daily allowance, obviously if I’d had 6 slices, I’d have to think carefully about then following it with a meal as well because that’s sort of defeating the idea of ‘sensible eating’.
Look at the difference between 100g of two types of bread though;
I know I eat with my eyes, so how much I’m eating matters just as much to me as what I’m eating! 
We all know what sensible eating is, we just don’t always do it!  We’re all different in our approach to eating but we also all share common behaviour patterns.  We’re not going to change overnight, but we can change over time, it just takes patience and persistence and a lot of repetition of our new behaviours.
Food wasn’t a focus for me yesterday, I just ate and because I didn’t plan my eating, it was pretty much ‘bread’ based apart from my dinner which was a delicious plate chicken and veggies. 
You don’t have to be greedy to have a weight problem; you just make too many wrong choices and eat the wrong food.
So here’s to a day of making the right choices, plenty of Filling and Healthy foods, even if you are ProPointing them, focus on the healthy & happy.
Have a great day BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: