Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 24 October 2013

Spoilt is how I felt yesterday - that's a nice feeling :)

24th October 2013
Power is not about exerting our will over others, it is about being in complete truth with yourself.
I’m so blessed, I really am, it’s been lovely to get cards through the post instead of bills and yesterday my gorgeous helpers who are the best in the world and I’m lucky to have them sent me a card with a voucher to my most favourite place on earth – The Chi Rooms where I go to have my massage, I was overwhelmed by their generosity and touched by how thoughtful the gift was, aren’t I lucky.  Who’d have thought they’d be perks to being poorly, my house is full of cards and flowers and that makes me smile.
You do a lot of thinking when you’re sat around off work, so I've decided when I'm back to 100% I'm going to stock my kitchen cupboards with filling and healthy foods, that way I'll only have those foods for meal options.  As I've not been out and about, we've been living off what's in the house so it'll be pretty empty by then. 
My bestie sure can cook - haven't had a meal cooked for me since I don't know when, it was lovely.
 
I will own up to a none F&H or ProPoint day yesterday though, my bestie turned up with meals on wheels ;) she bought us a shepherds pie for lunch which we had will lots of veggies, and also a vegetable pizza for tea which mom and I shared.  I’d had branflakes, banana and yogurt for my breakfast so in fairness it wasn’t too bad.   I’ve just had cornflakes for my breakfast because I was craving them when I was really poorly, don’t remember the last time I had them and they’re a bit boring I have to say, the best bit of the bowl was the milk and spoonful of sugar I added, would rather have yesterdays breakfast any day.
Some beautiful magician needs to invent something that looks and tastes like that pizza I had yesterday with half the calories in though, it was amazing!  Mom and I had half each of a 14in pizza and it was to die for, no idea of the ProPoints but half was probably my entire daily allowance!
So back to this Filling & Healthy business, one question keeps springing to mind with me and that’s “When did we stop trusting ourselves?”
I hear so many people say, “I wouldn’t know when to stop!” when they’re told to eat until they’re satisfied. 
Give yourself a little credit here, maybe you’ve just spent too many years on diets being told exactly what to eat and how much and have lost faith in yourself and your ability to know what’s right for your body.  Well it’s time to get that faith back and realise eating gorgeous works, being both healthy and happy will get you where you want to be.  By focusing on Filling and Healthy foods it provides a quick and easy way to pick the foods that are not only the most nutritious but also the most satisfying and you’re body will learn to self regulate you with portion sizes, if you’re still not sure and don’t trust your body to say stop, weigh some portions, or look at your plate and ask “Is this too much?”  Both ProPoints and F&H work when followed correctly, if you want all the science behind it, this is a great article to read;
So I’m off to write me a shopping list ready for me to get losing a few pounds before my Christmas hols, oh my word I’m not going to tell you how near that is, but trust me – it’s near!
Have a truly delicious day J

No comments: