Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Who turned the cloud taps on!

8th May 2013
In the noisy confusion of life – keep peace in your soul.
So that was summer – I see the rains back!  It was nice lying there this morning though listening to the bird song, the rain, oh yeah and Alfie snoring ;-)  it’s the little things in life that make it so good.
I had the munchies last night despite the fact I’d eaten really well throughout the day, it started with an ice-cream cone from the co-op 4pp, then I seemed to have my lobster hands in action and spent the rest of the evening thinking “what can I have next?”  Damn those hormones, that’s what I’m blaming, I did manage to control them lobster hands a bit and stop them going into overdrive in the kitchen and the food I ate wasn’t the worse choice because the worst choices aren’t in my house for exactly this reason but I was still over my allowance.  It’s a good job I like the scenery on my journey isn’t it, as it looks like a life long one!
Had another delicious mean from Co-op yesterday Butternut squash risotto, 12pp for half and from the Truly Irresistible range, really tasty and filling.  I also used Almond milk on my weetabix which was a nice combination; I could eat them more often with Almond or Hazelnut Milk on them and as it’s lower in calories than skimmed milk even better.
My tweak this week to improve my health is more water - less tea, when I get out of bed to write my blog first thing instead of going and making that first cup of tea, I’m having a big glass of water and having a cup of tea an hour later, that’s adding a pint of water and cutting out one mug of caffeine.  I’m trying to remember to drink more water throughout the day too by carrying round that bottle of water than I added a few weeks ago.  I drink a lot of tea, so this is an ideal time of year to try and switch some of those mugs for glasses of water and by doing it first thing I don’t have chance to forget!
I may not be within my BMI but I’m making good healthy food choices, I’m taking care of myself by practising self-care, I’ve changed things in my life so there’s less stress, I’m as healthy and happy as I need to be right now and that makes me feel good.
It’s not all about being at goal, it’s about changing, the scales aren’t the only source of victory, I’d like to share with her permission a wonderful none scale victory that my member Jane shared on Facebook a few days ago, she wrote
last summer I was 5 stone heavier than I am now and when I put my sandals on I had to get my daughter to fasten them for me because I couldn’t reach round to my ankles. I put them on today and I can fasten them myself now!!!! result!!! :0)”
How fabulous is that, when she came yesterday she’d lost again and received her 75lb certificate, her total weight loss is now five and a half stone which is amazing, however she was a bit gutted because none of her summer clothes fit her anymore!  On a happier note she was off to treat herself to something new, and if any of you are in a similar position, sell you larger clothes on ebay, then you can buy some more.
On that note, I’m gonna go stick the kettle on, I’ve drunk two glasses of water and I need a brew.
Have a fabulous day, before you stop reading – give yourself a hug (it’s possible, remember how you used to do it at school so it looked like someone was smooching with you from the back – lol, ooo my memory bank worked well then!)
Always be kind to yourself and to others, it makes the world a nicer place.  xx

No comments: