Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 26 May 2013

What a wonderful countryside we have...

26th May 2013
Death twitches my ear; 'Live,' he says... 'I'm coming.' - Virgil -
Good morning world it’s a brand new day, and what a glorious one it looks from my office window -  better still because I slept till 7am.
A lovely day I had yesterday busy doing nothing for most of the morning, did a bit of housework, good Tandoori paneer biryani (don’t bother – not a good recipe at all!) , massage at lunchtime, then mom and I took a drive through the countryside and what a beautiful countryside we have.  The fields of yellow are just glorious at the moment, and I popped to the M6 services at Hilton to get an M&S meal and I couldn’t believe the beautiful field of bluebells there – stunning they were.

Yesterday filled me with a calmness, being outside in nature always grounds me and makes me feel good, and we all want to feel good don’t we, to be happy and enjoy our lives.   Sometimes though our attention gets focussed on our problems, we find ourselves constantly trying to fix the problems then life’s in danger of becoming one big problem!  We can get into the position of thinking “when I’ve sorted this or done that, then I’ll do…..” we’re in danger of running out of time.  We think we’ve got years yet, but you know what we may not have, a friend of mine lost her best friend earlier this week, it was sudden and unexpected and unfortunately she won’t get to any more“then I’ll do…..” bits. 
I’ve done the big things on my “then I’ll do…” list, I started writing it when I was a poorly child, I spent my 20’s and 30’s fulfilling all those dreams of things I wanted to do, places I wanted to go.  I still get things that I want to do obviously and I do them as soon as I can.  What’s on your “then I’ll do…” list?  When are you planning on doing it?
I’m fortunate that these days my list is full of things that are easy to do, easy to achieve and don’t cost a great deal, luckily I did the expensive stuff back in my 20s.  The only expensive thing I’d like to do is learn, but I don’t know if I want it enough to pay the cost, I'm happy to continue to read books on the subjects that interest me, I don’t need the qualification unless I intend a change of career and I don't!
So it’s a sunny day, do I do some of that stuff that needs doing round the house and in my office, or do I fill a bottle full of water, go fill up with petrol and get mom and Alfie in the car to go enjoy this sunshine, or maybe just sit up the garden enjoying the sunshine and a good book - mmm you guess?  The question is – what are you going to do?
 

No comments: