Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 25 May 2013

Happy & Healthy is the goal!

Stop hating yourself for everything you aren’t… Start loving yourself for everything you are…
Why is losing weight important to us?  I saw that question written on Facebook yesterday and for some reason the question often puts me on the defensive and my answe is usually, “it isn’t!”  Thinking about it, the reason that question rubs me up the wrong way is because it puts my mind immediately into a ‘diet mentality’ and that’s how I got fat in the first place.  When I focus too much on the numbers on the scales I focus less on the quality of the food I eat and the exercise that I undertake.  So instead of asking ‘why is losing weight important to me’, I ask why is eating healthy and feeling well important to me. It's not just about numbers on a scale it’s about taking care of yourself so that you feel good.  The goal isn’t size zero, the goal is Happy & Healthy!  So today instead of thinking “what can I eat that will help me lose weight” do something to head towards that goal of Happy and Healthy.  Maybe change the way you cook, try something new, carry a bottle of water round with you, go for a walk or in my case today make your housework, your workout!  You don’t have to be great to start but you do have to start to get anywhere close to great - small changes make a massive difference especially when you make them permanent ones and you build on the weekly.
So yesterday to make me happy I had sirloin steak, chips, caramelised onions and mushrooms.  To make it healthy, I cooked the steak on a George Foreman, the chips in the Actifry with only a tiny bit of oil and the onions and mushrooms were in a measured amount of oil and syrup.  The total for the meal was 15pp which is at least half of what a similar meal would have cost me had I cooked it the old fashioned way or eaten out.
My glasses of red wine make me happy; my keeping the quantity under control is what makes me healthier.
It’s all about balance, beating yourself up constantly for not ‘being in the zone and on track’ is just as damaging if not more so as being overweight to start with.
Watched fat family tree yesterday, very interesting, if you get the chance to watch it – do so, its on again Sunday, 8pm on 4seven or its on demand http://www.channel4.com/programmes/fat-family-tree/4od
Some great information on there, presented well, especially the bit about not drinking your calories, and how a walk can do you the world of good in so many ways.
Anyways, I’ve got a house to continue blitzing, my bedroom is now wonderfully tidy and clean with fresh bedding, I’ve filled bin bags full of old clothes and I can move in there now.  Think I’ll do the kitchen and living room today, then tackle my office tomorrow.  Rock and roll lifestyle I’ve got going on here!
Enjoy your day, be happy and healthy xx
 

No comments: