Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Go over, go under, go round or go through but NEVER GIVE UP!

Wednesday 29th May 2013
Today is your day, Your Mountain is waiting.  So… get on your way.” Dr Seuss
60 years ago today Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay became the first men to reach the 29,028ft (8,848 metres) summit of Everest on May 29 1953, what an achievement; something that was thought couldn’t be done!  Just one of many astonishing accomplishments by man proving that if we put our mind to something we can achieve most things, yet some things i.e. weight loss, at times seem much more difficult that climbing Everest don’t they!  And knowing how to do something doesn’t mean you will do it, I heard a statistic recently that 65% of the health care profession are overweight, that’s statistically more than any other profession in the country and yet they like me know better, they know the importance of healthy eating and taking care of yourself.
Last night we touched on how in the real world it is unlikely that you will be ‘on track’ and losing weight all the time, real life gets in the way doesn’t it.  Sometimes your head just isn’t focused on the importance of healthy eating for numerous reasons, it may be that there’s so much other stuff going on in your life you just can’t focus on it, or you may be having a fab time in the sunshine enjoying a bbq and a bear and what you weigh is the last thing on your mind.
What’s really important is you don’t think ‘sod it’ and just start neglecting yourself and eating junk and not thinking about your health at all.  Just because you don’t lose weight for a few weeks doesn’t mean you have to give up on making healthy choices altogether, weight loss is not the only reward for eating healthily and moving more!  It’s really important to realise that and it can help if you turn healthy eating and moving more into a habit, part of your everyday life style so that when those times hit when you’re not so focused, you are still automatically making wiser choices without realising it as that’s the norm in your house. 
Take emotional eating for example – everybody does it at some time, so if you have a tube of Pringles it’s going to set you back 27pp (an entire daily allowance!) whereas if your home is full of healthier snacks you’re likely to do less damage, it’s all in the preparation.  You can’t eat what isn’t there!  Mom bought Pringles last week and we ate them – I would never put Pringles in my trolley because I know I’m going to end up eating them, I’m the same with multipacks of Cheese and Onion crisps, if they’re there I won’t settle till they’ve all gone (I’ve convinced myself they’ll go off!)  And don’t worry healthy snacks are good, or at least healthier which can just mean smaller portions of stuff, for example I’d allow myself to bring one bag of cheese and onion crisps home because that’s only going to cost me 4pp, not the 24pp that would be in the multipack, or the 27pp in the Pringles!  Same works with chocolate, a 100g bar of Cadbury dairy milk will set you back 15pp, a Weight Watcher bar is 2pp, no brainer really or even a smaller bar of your favourite chocolate, I’m a galaxy girl myself and a 50g bar is 8pp, so they don’t get purchased very often!  Yes you can save yourself lots of ProPoints or calories just by thinking in the supermarket before you buy it and by making those decisions/choices regular habits.
We’re off on holiday next week and I’ve already decided I will be enjoying myself and having a good time, indulging in the good stuff, however I won’t be being ridiculous and thinking sod it, one because I don’t want to gain lots of weight and two because I know overindulging too much gives me and mom heartburn and indigestion and messing with her sleep too!  It’s just not worth it in my opinion; it’s all about the balance and being selective with what you indulge in!
On that note, I’m off to make me a cuppa, I’m still drinking my glass of water before my first cup of tea, a nice new habit I plan to continue, 1/3rd of a litre of water consumed within half hour of getting out of bed can only be a good thing.
Whether you’ve got your own personal mountain to climb today or not, remember all the reasons why you’re amazing and you can do anything that’s important enough to you.
Eat Gorgeous & BeYouTiful xx
 

No comments: