Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 26 April 2013

What an amazing woman!

26th April 2013
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” - Mark Twain
Today I’m beyond proud, all my members weight loss journey’s are inspirational but Denise’s is just amazing, losing 299lb (21st 5lb) is just a scary amount of weight to comprehend, can you imagine walking into a Weight Watchers meeting knowing you have that journey in front of you, realising it won’t take weeks, or months but years to get where you want to be.  To try to motivate yourself enough week in, week out to continue that journey, to face with all the things that life throws and you and yet continue on your way towards your goal, that takes so much courage and determination and if she can do it then we have no excuse at all really do we!  Here are some photos Denise has allowed me to share of her over the last four years, she will be getting me some more after photos taken but she’s a little busy smiling at the moment to care I’m sure.
 
Now we all know how difficult weight loss is, life gets in the way sometimes doesn’t it, some of you will have read the poem, “there’s an angel on your shoulder and a devil on your back” I’m sure, I’ve talked about the ‘voices’ in my head in previous blogs (don’t pretend you don’t have them too!) it’s also known as your subconscious but I like to call it my diet demon!  Well she was loud on Tuesday and took some silencing I can tell you and I’m guessing quite a few of you have had similar conversations with yourself – silently I’m hoping!   Let me talk you through my day, I have a magic number that when I hit it on the scales, I pay a little more attention to my eating and lose a few pounds, I may be a Happy Owl but I don’t want to be an uncomfortable one carrying anymore weight than my magic number.  Anyway I’d hit that number on Sunday so I decided to reign it in, I managed to resist the amazing cake in the café in Ironbridge, then on Monday I’d made it through the day without snacking or going overboard, so on Tuesday morning at my meeting I treated myself to a nice new pink journal (because I’m worth it!) and when I got back home, I sat and filled in Monday and Tuesday mornings food entries, I measured myself and filled that bit in, I took a before photo, I’m guessing I’m not the only one that does this, all in my best hand-writing and the same colour ink because it’s a new journal (give it a week or so and it’ll be scrawl!).  So then I go downstairs to eat lunch and my moms having a funny turn of some sort, I rush over doctors (lucky that its on the corner of our street) he told me to take her across, did some tests, rang the hospital and sent us straight to A&E, we then spent the rest of the day there, and mom had to stay overnight which neither of us were happy about.   So have you guessed what’s coming next?  I’m driving home thinking I need to eat, it’s 9pm and I’m shattered, my diet devil says “we could have chips or a takeaway”, I remind myself I’m trying to get away from that magic number on the scales, my devil says, “oh come on, it’s been an horrendous day, no one would judge you for going of track today of all days, you’re upset, you’re tired, you’re hungry and you’re a bit scared for your mom too, anyone you explained the situation to would totally understand your justifications for going to the chip shop”.  I didn’t have a takeaway, I went home and knocked up some microwave rice and had a rice sandwich – really don’t judge me it was delicious!  I don’t know what made me strong enough to resist on Tuesday but I did, I don’t always obviously, otherwise I wouldn’t have hit my magic number.  Maybe it was because I’d just bought a nice, new pretty journal and I didn’t want to mess it up on day 2, or maybe the magic number scared me enough to stop me, or maybe I was just too exhausted to stop and I wanted to get back to my dog.  I’m guessing you all can relate to the ‘talking yourself out of staying on track’ conversations and justifications though, we all do it don’t we, and sometimes it’s okay to do it, but all the time it isn’t because then you will never get to your goal!
So I’m still on track because I don’t like that magic number, I want to get back to my Happy Owl digits ;-) where do you want to get to and are you strong enough to realise sometimes you have to silence the diet demon’s chatter and stay on track.  Why?  Because it’s worth it and because you must want to lose weight or you wouldn’t join a slimming group.  I want to be healthy and happy and what I consume affects that, so for now I’m tracking everything and cutting down a bit, not massively because I can’t handle that approach, I’m in no rush.
So here’s to a day of Eating Gorgeous, spending time with my mom and taking care of us because we’re worth it!  Remember you are too!

No comments: