Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Looking forward to.......EVERYTHING!

3rd April 2013
Entire water of the sea can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship.  Similarly, negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.
I mentioned I went to my mates house on Monday with mom and every time I spend time at her house it reminds me of what it much be like to be a mom who works full time and is trying to be everything to everyone, housewife, mother, worker – you get the picture, it’s damn hard work I’m guessing.  I’m also assuming on the ‘to do’ list moms put themselves quite a way down if they’re anything like my mom was they do. 
Being rushed and busy is one of the many reasons we find it difficult to eat well.  Think about it, how often do you eat standing up?  Stood up the kitchen units or whilst waiting for the kettle to boil.  Think about how you eat a sandwich, do you just chomp it down because you’re in such a rush, I usually do, whereas when I make my mom one, I put it on a nice plate and cut it in triangles!
Now if you’re the mom, you tend to be the one giving and doing for everyone else, and you’ll just eat whatever’s left, or whatever’s easiest after you’ve took care of all the fussy choices of everyone else!
So today, why don’t you start treating yourself as you do your family and friends, with love and kindness and care?  I know it’s not going to be easy, I know you’re not going to have any more time to do that now than you did yesterday, you will still be rushed and tired but if you do it both your body and mind will thank you for it.  We always find time for what we believe is important; your problem is you don’t believe you’re important enough – well you are!
If you’re trying to lose weight but haven’t got the time or the inclination to spend hours in the kitchen, spend a little time thinking about meals for yourself that are quick and easy to throw together but that you can actually sit and enough eating.  Get stricter with the kids or compromise and find ways of all eating the same so you all sit and eat together, you can make healthy versions of cottage pie, lasagne, corned beef hash, lots of stuff have a look on my website www.happyowls.co.uk there are plenty.
I’ve spoilt myself this week, I know I won’t do it every week and I’m aware that it’s not the cheapest way to eat but I bought ready meals from Waitrose, why Waitrose you ask?  Because they don’t add all sorts of preservatives to their meals so it’s like a freshly cooked meal that just needs warming through or cooking.  They’ve averaged out at £3.50 ish per person per meal including veggies etc, so maybe not as expensive as you’d think.  The stuffed ravioli I had last night for 11pp was a huge meal that could’ve served two but I was being greedy and it cost me £2 as it was on offer, it also only took 2 minutes to warm through, I’m sure they do them in other supermarkets and I for one shall be trying them.
I have been putting together my own meals for 2 recipe book too so that I have meals I like and the recipe will be for 2 not 4 as is the norm, this will save me lots of time in the future, I’m also adding meal ideas to it that don’t need cooking as such just putting on a plate!  Yes I want to simplify my kitchen experience.
And as for the consuming part, well we now sit down at the table to eat and I love it, I may not sit for a long time because after all it’s busy on a week day but it’s still nice to take 15 minutes for a natter and a relaxing meal, £30 I paid for the table and an absolute ebay bargain it is.
Yes life really can a busy experience, if you don’t keep your eye on it you can lose hours, days, weeks even months of your time on this planet on being too busy to enjoy it.  I’ve decided this year that isn’t going to be me, I’m going to make the time to do things I enjoy, I’m going to find the time to go places with my mom and I’m going to get the work / life balance back.  Monday will be mom and my day, I’m thinking Llangollen will be one of our first ports of call, we’re gonna be like that odd couple you see at the seaside or at the side of the road sitting in their cars looking at the view with a flask and the papers ;-) can’t wait!
Today, I’m looking forward to going to work as I’m one of those lucky people who enjoy their job, I’m also looking forward to having lunch with my mom (in my own house) cooked by Waitrose, I’m going to go for the complete opposite next week I think and try Aldi or Lidl to see how different it all is.  I’m also looking forward to walking my dog for half hour this morning and up to an hour this afternoon depending on where he takes me.  I’m looking forward to reading another chapter in my new book by Nick Alexander which I’ve been waiting to be released.   If I have time I’m looking forward to spending half hour on my new writing project. 
What you looking forward to doing today?
If you can’t think of anything – it’s time for a rethink!
BeYouTiful and make the most of your short stay on this planet. xx
 

No comments: