Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 19 April 2013

The Cheap Challenge!

19th April 2013
These week in meetings we’ve been talking about meal planning and after receiving my credit card bill midweek I’ve realised I spent a ridiculous amount of money in supermarkets last month and I don’t earn that amount so I’m starting the ‘cheap challenge’ this morning to get my food bill under control both financially and ProPoint allowance wise.  Every now and again I have to stop, look round and realise things are starting to slide and I’m going back to my old ways – this isn’t just what happens with weight, for me it’s everything in my life.  What’s that saying “A leopard never changes its spots!” well I don’t entirely believe in the meaning of that saying, but I do think if you were born with a certain personality and you try to change elements of it for the better that your natural ways will do their best to resurface as often as they are able, if you don’t keep your eye on it.
I love to shop and spend money hence I have to keep an eye on myself to stop me from going crazy, it’s why I have a credit card to be honest because I can see exactly what I’ve spent money on, where as if I have cash it just goes.  So back to basics, and the cheap challenge has already begun, I was rather proud of myself walking in the co-op last night for 2 things and leaving with just 2 things despite the fact they had a load of reduced stuff, or “Whoopsies” as one of my lovely Thursday night ladies calls them.  I’ve picked up some fab tips from that lady last night in just a few minutes.  Each week she sits down with her folder of recipes and plans her meals, the entire week of meals and makes her shopping list, she has a list of everything she has in her freezer so she doesn’t forget and she saves herself a fortune – I love this!  Because if I’m honest I’m rubbish at knowing what’s in my freezer, I often forget, when I decided to start my ‘cheap challenge’ I went and looked through my freezer and cupboards and there was enough food to make at least 27 main meals for two people!  That’s ridiculous!
So if you fancy joining me here is a link to all my recipe booklets and individual recipes I’ve done in the past - http://www.happyowls.co.uk/recipes.html there’s some great meal ideas there.
Yesterday didn’t cost me much at all, my brekkie was eggs on toast which costs about 55p and that’s having good eggs (14pp), lunch was a ready meal which had been part of a meal deal from co-op and was delicious, about £1.60 a portion for wind pacific pink salmon & polllack gratin served with spinach (11pp).  Tea was chicken wings that had been in the freezer for ages, they’d been cut of chickens when I’d bought three for a tenner and portioned up, (12pp) maximum cost would be £2 I reckon.

So today I’m out and it’s all paid for except drinks, so I’m having cheese on toast for brekkie, then we have afternoon tea booked a Wowcher deal and I’m off for dinner with friends which should be fun, just wished I wasn’t full of a cold!
If you have any delicious cheap meal ideas let me know email them to me on info@happyowls.co.uk, have a fab day, YAY it’s Friday. 
If you haven’t already watched the beauty sketches video on my fb page (search for Bev’s Weight Watchers) I recommend you go watch it because you all need to realise how beautiful you truly are.  You can also find it here http://realbeautysketches.dove.com/
BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: