Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 24 April 2013

It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast!

24th April 2013
For fast-acting relief – try slowing down! Lily Tomlin
You really just don’t know where you day can take you do you, yesterday  morning I’m in my meeting with my mom and my members having a laugh, buy 2 I’m at the doctors, then A&E because my moms had some kind of stroke!  The most horrible feeling in the world was having to leave my mom in that ward last night and come home not knowing much at all.  Hopefully they’ll do tests today and I’ll have her back as soon as.
Funnily enough I’ve been very aware of everyone rushing just lately and how busy we all seem to be, never slowing down to actually experience the normalness of life.  It’s all just busy, busy, busy, yet we’re only here once 80 or so years if you’re lucky, I’m slowing down, I want to enjoy the really important things in my life like my mom, my family and my friends and loved ones.  Yes it means I have less money but we don’t have to pay for giggles and love and as long as I can pay my bills we’ll be ok. 
There are so many things round my house need repairing or replacing, my dvd player/recorder has broke, both my front door and porch door needs replacing, the fence at the front has blown down and the gates hanging off, the fence panels at the back are saying they’ll be on their way soon too, oh yes it really is like the house that Jack built at the moment, but honestly these things are all things that aren’t at all important in the grand scheme.  I’d rather take my mom to Ironbridge and spend my spare cash on making her smile whilst she eats cake, or the holiday we have booked, yep the falling off door will still be there even when we’re not.
I weighed almost 40 people before 9.30am yesterday morning because they’re so busy, they have to be at work, or look after their childrens, children so they can go to work, or other reasons all of which are valid.  It’s such a shame that everything is so damn expensive that we all have to work so very, very hard and that so many don’t have the time in their 168 hours week to find themselves an 30 minutes to sit and enjoy their meeting.
We rush our food too, what do all these things have in common;
·         Grab a sandwich whilst filling up with petrol.
·         Have a steak bake from Greggs.
·         Drive through Mac D’s.
·         Sneak bits of food from someone's plate as you clear the table.
·         Taste food as you prepare meals.
·         Eat a free sample of food at the grocery store.
·         Spoon ice cream out of the tub or reach into a bag of crisps while you're walking around talking on the phone.
·         Take a piece of chocolate or a sweet as you walk past a colleagues desk.
·         Nibble on something you see when you open the fridge door to get something else out. 
These are all things we do when we’re rushing, distracted and usually standing up!  When we eat in these situations, you tend not to notice how much you’ve eaten, and the calories will soon mount up and so will the weight problem. 
Not only is it important to slow down a little in for your sheer enjoyment of your time here, it’s also important to slow down and sit down when you eat too, because you become more conscious of everything you put in your mouth.  You need to pay complete attention to what you are eating so you don’t end up thinking, “I’m still hungry….I want more”.
If you think about it, most of the eating you do when you’re standing up is impulse eating, not food that has been planned, whereas when you sit down to eat, if possible at a table, you’ve made a conscious decision to eat, you know that these meals count, you’ve probably worked the ProPoints out in the too, and its easier for you to track what you’ve had, and it will help to avoid overeating.
So just for today, even better for always, sit down whenever you eat, it really does make a difference.    I even managed it yesterday with the awful day I had, so the least you can do is try.
Slow down – BeYouTiful and enjoy each day you have, cos you never know how many of them you’re going to get. xx

No comments: