Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 25 April 2013

The sun might not be shining but my worlds brighter

25th April 2013
 
“You are my friend when you can guard my failure, challenge my thought and celebrate my success.” - Unknown
 
So moms home which is great, they let her come home yesterday afternoon and I got my brother to sit with her last night whilst I was at work, she wasn’t impressed with that idea, doesn’t like being babysat!  She’s a stubborn old bird but it makes her a tough one too which is what I want as that attitude will keep her around for a very long time!
 
I don’t know how but I’ve managed to stay on track the last few days despite all the rushing around, luckily my house is full of good food so I was able to knock something together quickly, yesterday was leftover omelette, a tin of soup and for my tea I had a packet of Tilda microwave rice, not my normal choices but fast and easy and hit the spot, I might’ve had a sandwich for tea If I’d got any bread left, a visit to the shop sometime today hopefully.
 
I have to say the only good thing about what’s happened over the last couple of days, other than mom being ok of course, is that you realise how many wonderful people you know, my mate drove a 60 mile round trip with only an hours notice to cover my meeting, my helper drove to the hospital to collect the venue keys from me and she also helped out last night when she wouldn’t normally.  I’ve had so many offers of help and kindness that it just makes me grateful for everyone I know.  I am considering letting all those that have said “if there’s anything I can do, let me know” come round and give my house a good clean and tidy, I could get a couple painting that fence up the garden too, ooo I’m liking this idea ;-)
 
One of my members posted a photo of her tea last night, homemade chicken kiev, it looked nice and this is the recipe she posted;
 
For Tracey’s chicken Kiev she had 120g chicken breast (flattened by putting in a bag and hitting with rolling pin) 3pp 20g light soft cheese (Aldi own Philadelphia) 1pp beaten egg flour and breadcrumbs (1/2 piece white bread) 1pp each (3pp) Roll chicken round soft cheese pull together with cocktail sticks dip in egg flour and breadcrumbs bake in oven for 35-50 mins - Lovely
She weighed and measured hers & it came to 7pp but will depend on chicken breast and amount of cheese ;)
 
Might be worth a try for something different, another one I keep meaning to try which is supposed to be tasty is ‘condom chicken’!
 
Dinner - Condom Chicken, Serves 1, 5pp
165g Chicken breast (4pp)
1tbsp (28g) low fat soft cheese (1pp)
 
Place a medium chicken breast between two pieces of cling film and batten out with a rolling pin until it is the same thickness all the way along the breast.  Season with salt & pepper.   Keeping the meat on the cling film spread the centre of the flattened out chicken breast with a tablespoon of low fat soft cheese (e.g. Philadelphia Light with garlic & herbs or use plain & add your own garlic and a few pinches of mixed dried herbs).
Using the cling film tuck in the ends of the chicken and roll up the chicken along its length to form a long sausage shape so that the cream cheese filling is completely sealed in. Tightly roll up both ends of the cling film (like a Christmas cracker) so that the chicken is completely sealed and water tight.   Poach the condom in gently boiling water for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.  Carefully remove from the water and drain, and then open up the condom to reveal your condom chicken. You can brown the chicken at this stage if you wish using a calorie controlled oil spray in a frying pan until the condom chicken takes on some colour. When cut through the creamy garlic filling should ooze out.   You could serve with 60g dried rice, cooked as per instructions. (6pp)
 
Right I’m off, busy day today, need to get myself, Alfie and mom sorted first, I’m thinking a freezer meal at lunchtime as I’m not going to have time to cook today!
 
Did you sit down to eat yesterday like I suggested?  Yes well done, try and continue again today.  NO? Why not, try to do it today then, I still managed to sit for my food yesterday, despite work and rushing to the hospital.  Give yourself that bit of time to really enjoy you food and of course always Eat Gorgeous. xx

No comments: