Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 13 April 2013

Do you lie to yourself?

13th April 2013
Maybe it’s time to start accepting yourself as you already are – maybe you’re already awesome!
Well I’ve caught up on my sleep, I may have only had 4 hours Thursday night but I’ve just had 13 hours to balance it out, yes I feel asleep at 4pm yesterday afternoon and got up at 5am this morning, I did wake a few times in between but mostly slept straight through ;)
I didn’t do the cooking I had planned, so will do that tomorrow now as I froze the chicken yesterday and will take it out today, it said ‘use by 12/4” so I thought it was for the best.  I cooked the other one in one of those Magi bags garlic and thyme and that was all I ate before falling asleep, had chicken sarnie for lunch and a bag of crisps – nice and easy.
I did watch ‘Secret Eaters’ on the tv though and oh dear, I can’t decide whether it’s actually scary or sad that people are so ‘unaware’ of their behaviour.  I know when I’m overeating because I do the shopping/cooking etc, I know how much I drink because I bin the empties!  I know when I look at the bottle of sweet chilli sauce my friend gave me about 6 weeks ago that I’m half way down the bottle which means I’ve used it not the ‘invisible magic sweet chilli fairies!”  I’ve just gone downstairs to make a cuppa and my chicken is legless ;0) which tells me someone ate 2 legs and I know as there’s only me and mom in the house, that’s likely to be me!  How can people be so unaware?
I do believe that every ‘body’ is different, I do believe we all work similarly but different so I’m open to the fact that not everyone burns calories in the same way, I see different speeds of weight loss and hear different stories when I talk to my members, but if you are struggling to lose weight then you have to be honest with yourself and that’s 100% honest!  If you haven’t done so – watch an episode of this programme, it’s interesting.
They all are very similar so you only have to watch one to get the drift!
So why do we lie to ourselves?  Do we even realise we’re doing it?  I really don’t know but if you’re guilty of it, acknowledge it and in the words of Shakespeare, “To thine own self be true.”
Right I’m aware of the fact I don’t want to walk the dog and I let mom do it yesterday, so today I’m going to get my backside out there and do it despite the fact I’m comfy sat here ;0)
 

No comments: