Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 27 April 2013

Weight loss takes time!

27th April 2013
"When you're at peace with yourself and love yourself, it is virtually impossible to do things to yourself that are destructive." Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
 
Weight loss takes time!

And I don't just mean how long it will take for you to lose the weight, I mean you'll need to make time to succeed. You need to find the time to think about and plan meals, to go shopping, to exercise - that kind of thing! I spend lots of time thinking about what I'm going to eat, looking for new ideas to make my eating experience enjoyable. I make the time to walk my dog because that's my exercise, although he's got a little lazy lately I have to say, which has meant I've resorted to walking alone occasionally. Even sitting down to eat my meals takes time because I'm no longer multitasking and doing two things at once like I was when I used to eat my lunch at my desk.

What was that I heard you say? You don't have time! Maybe that's one of the reasons you have a weight problem because you're so rushed and busy. Maybe it's time to rethink your days? Could you get up a little earlier and spend ten minutes planning your day? What was that - no you're too tired already! Maybe if you went to bed half hour earlier instead of sitting in front of the goggle box watching the same old trash you wouldn't be quite so tired. Maybe if you drank more water instead of caffeine you wouldn’t feel so drained! Maybe if you took some time to go for a walk or do some kind of activity you'd feel more energised!  Maybe…..

Crikey I sound opinionated this morning don't I! Nah, I'm not honest, I totally understand the realities of modern life - I'm just suggesting if you're not happy or you don't feel good, that maybe something needs to change because life's too precious to just survive, life needs to be lived!

If you run a house, have kids and work too, I appreciate the last thing you want to be doing on a Friday night is cooking a meal from scratch but does takeaway have to be the only alternative? No, you could buy a healthy prepared meal to serve up that just needs popping in the oven whilst you go and get washed and changed out your work clothes. That way you'll have more energy to enjoy your weekend because you'll have eaten better quality food which nourishes your body rather than a plate of greasy chips.

Finding the time to exercise - mmm that's tough when you're already time poor isn’t it, so is there some way you can combine it with something else that needs to be done, such as housework, gardening, walking to the shop rather than driving or spending time with the kids over the park, playing ball games - having fun, that makes exercise less of a task for sure, could you all go for a nice long walk together, you’ll be relaxing, spending time together and getting exercise.

What about delegating? Do you do stuff someone else could do instead, so many people do everything themselves for different reasons, maybe it's just less hassle than asking and showing them how to do it, maybe no one does it quite as well as you or maybe you don't like to put on others, mmm I'm a bit like that but I'm getting better, I'm letting people help me more when they offer – I’ve realised stubborn pride can be a foolish trait.  Why don’t you get the kids to do the washing up after dinner, show someone else in the house how the hoover works!  Have the shopping delivered perhaps rather than spending a hour doing that every week?

Do some of the things you do, need doing that often or need doing at all? Do you vacuum too regularly, could it go a bit longer, are all those jobs you do as often as you do really necessary?   

Are you the fool who can't say no when asked to do things even if you don’t want to or you don’t have the time to - well maybe it's time you learnt to say no, it's not selfish - it's self care!
Yes weight loss takes time and if it’s something you really want then you’ll think about what I’ve just wrote and see if you can make any changes to take care of you.
Eat Gorgeous always and BeYouTiful because you count too. xx

No comments: