Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 14 April 2013

Stress Free Sunday ahead....

14th April 2013
Sometimes people are beautiful, not in looks, not in what they say, just in what they are. Markus Zusak
Well I had a stonking migraine come on yesterday afternoon and my mate informs me that it could be why I couldn’t sleep Wednesday night, apparently they start long before the head pain hits – well all I can say is they suck and I’m glad its gone now.
I did manage to cook yesterday though; I fancied chicken with apricots in some for
I wanted to cook with chicken and apricots and after searching for lots of ideas, and thinking maybe a Moroccan tagine, I ended up making a curry!  It was tasty though and easy which was what I needed yesterday, couldn’t be doing with lots of ingredients.  Here’s the recipe;
Apricot Chicken Curry
Serves: 4 people, 9pp each
1 tbsp vegetable oil (4pp)
200g onions, sliced
4 chicken breasts, diced (16pp) (I used leftover cooked chicken and threw in at end)
3 tbsp (45g) Balti Curry Paste (4pp)
300g chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp single cream (2pp)
150g dried apricots, chopped (8pp)
150ml water
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions for 2 minutes. Add the Balti Paste together with the chicken and fry for 3 minutes to seal the meat. Add the chopped tomatoes and dried apricots and cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked (add water as and when to get the consistency you want). Finally add the cream and gently heat for a further 2 minutes.
Serve with rice (60g dried = 6pp) or I used half packet of microwave rice already flavoured.
Because of my head I had another early night and I woke up ravenous and wanting to eat the remaining sausages in the fridge that I’d bought for my lasagne earlier in the week, I was thinking sausage sandwich but as I started with it, it turned into this; 
I realised I didn’t need the bread at all it was the sausage I wanted plus onions and mushrooms, I even threw in courgette and spinach to give it a healthy edge.  A chicken oxo cube with some hot water was how I cooked the vegetables and the sausage went on George. 12pp and I couldn’t finish the last sausage.

So today has no plans at all, fabulous, the weathers not pleasant so I won’t be venturing very far but I will be enjoying my relaxing Sunday, off for papers first.
Have a super Sunday. x
 
 

No comments: