Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 21 May 2011

Mmm breakfast pizza - 21st May 2011

Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Laugh. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Choose with no regret. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is. Mary Ann Radmacher

Isn’t it scary being weighed by someone else, my boss weighed me last night, and of course being a Friday night, I weighed heavier than I do when I’m weighed in my meeting on a Monday morning ;( So I’ve promised myself I will definitely weigh less every time she weighs me from now on until I’m back at my goal. I have 2 or 3 weeks before the next time I have to face my bosses scales, so I’m going to get through the weekend without too much indulging. I’ve also got my own weigh card now too which I haven’t had for a long time, I usually write it in my diary, so now I feel like it’s all official and I don’t want gains on it, I want loses!

I’m made my diet decision for today this morning, this is a commitment to myself and that is, “even though I’m driving down to visit my best mate for lunch, I will not use it as an excuse to go wild and overindulge. I’m going to have fruit for breakfast and take Alfie for a long walk first and if I do get hungry when I get home tonight, I’ll have a salad. And Sunday I will stick within my 29pp daily allowance” so that’s mine, what’s yours, how do you plan to cope with the weekend?

Alfies giving me the dog stare because it’s 5.50am and he’s whining so I better start typing quickly as it soon becomes an annoying yap to go out.

Yesterday had two delicious meals, the first was a Warburtons square wrap pizza for 6pp, next time I make it I will grill it rather than put in oven so the top cooks but not the base. Then for lunch I had a sweet chilli chicken salad, the chicken was 4pp a packet from Morissons and it had a real kick, I added baby broccoli which I’d tossed in soy sauce to it and it was delicious, I do love salad leaves, the meal cost £3 which isn’t the cheapest but it was so nice.

This week we talked about planning and yesterday I started putting together an index box of my favourite recipes, I managed to print them onto the cards from my computer as most of them have been typed up for my members at some time. On Sunday I’m also going to find any from old mags etc and cut them out and stick them to index cards too, so that all my recipes are in one place. The next step after that might be to print off daily plan ideas so I can mix and match menu plans for myself. Ooo I do like a good project, it keeps me busy and I enjoy it, I love the process of a project, the planning, the putting it all together and seeing the end result, that’s why I’ve always tried to make weight loss a project so that I’ll enjoy the process.

It’s important in life to pursue your passion, think about it, if you had all the time and money you needed, what would you do for fun (not what you think you should find fun, or what other people find fun) what would you like to do? It’s important to make time and space in your life for having fun. So ask yourself what that fun could be and how you can make room for it in your life. I’ve already mentioned I love projects which is one of the reasons my hobbies change so often, over the last 5 or 6 years I discovered a bear named Winnie the Pooh, I’ve always known about him but never read the stories, now I love reading them, so what if I’m 41. When you’re a kid you don’t really appreciate the stories as much as you do now because now I read more into them and understand the morals behind the stories, I might read Peter Rabbit next.

On that note, Alfies almost crying so I better get off and walk him ;D

Have the most amazing weekend and start to ponder on what interests you, what could you do for fun, if you’re struggling try and remember what you used to do when you were about 10 or 11 for fun and I bet it’s not much different now ;D Find a grown up version of that enjoyment, so if you used to enjoy rolling around in muddy puddles, maybe something like skirmish or paintball is for you! xx

No comments: