Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 16 May 2011

16th May 2011

Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution. David Joseph Schwartz

Well it’s weigh in day today, fingers crossed I’ve lost my pound, only 7 more weeks to go. I had a bit of a unplanned eating session yesterday afternoon, still ended the week with a few activity ProPoints left though so hopefully I should be okay. I was trying to work out what was at the root of the mini blow out and the only thing I could come up with was I was tired, and even though it was only 6ish I should have gone to bed because I’m sure I would’ve slept. Apparently tired people consume 200 calories more than those that get enough sleep!

I spent a few hours on my website yesterday too, put together some stuff on meal planning and also uploaded Bev’s Bites for you to download and print off. Just follow the links below;

http://www.happyowls.co.uk/MenuPlanning.html

http://www.happyowls.co.uk/recipes.html

A conversation with a friend yesterday turned up this statement, “If the only thing we're worrying about is losing weight and eating too much then we're doing ok!” How true is that, have you ever thought about it in that way? If your only real problem is our weight how lucky are we!

Not many people can follow a weight loss plan perfectly 100% of the time, so if you have a blip don’t beat yourself up, smile and admit your human and get straight back on the weight loss wagon. At the same time try to acknowledge what made you fall off it in the first place. That will be different for everyone and by identifying your reasons, you can hopefully adjust your behaviour to stop it happening again, or to stop it happening so frequently.

I’ve realised that if I’d gone to bed at 6ish when I got peckish, I would have slept possibly until this morning, I’ve also realised the reason I didn’t was because it would have meant leaving mom downstairs on her own or have her moan at me for going to bed and her going to! Don’t get me wrong I’m not blaming mom, it was my choice to avoid the possible confrontation but now I’ve realised it, next time I will just go to bed.

Many of us eat to avoid all sorts of things such as our feelings, emotions or confrontation with others, when really the eating only delays the inevitable or makes us feel worse after we’ve done it.

This week when you get the urge to eat something that you hadn’t planned on having or something in-between your meals when you know you’re not remotely hungry, try to identify ‘WHY’, are you avoiding something, are you trying not to feel something, is it just down to habit because it’s there, it might be as simple as you’ve just seen something you haven’t eaten in such a long time, but at least if you’re looking at your eating habits you can progress and make permanent changes to the way you eat.

Have a thoughtful day. xx

No comments: