Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 11 May 2011

11th May 2011

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.--Dalai Lama

Nann Pizza mmm, and only 10pp, I used an Asda smart price naan (6pp) and topped it with tomato puree, 1pp worth of left over cooked chicken, onion, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and 3pp of mature cheddar cooked it for about ten minutes and served it with salad leaves for a delicious easy tea. That was my tea Monday night.
Tuesday lunchtime I had Fray Bentos meatballs in gravy, I haven’t had them for years and for 4pp for ½ can or 7pp for the whole can, I’ll definitely be having them again, delicious served with 100g mash which always looks more because I use a potato ricer and I served it with lots of vegetables. Last night I needed to use the potatoes up before they went green so I made a cheese and potato pie which made two portions. Using my Weight Watcher scales I weighed 11pp of potato, 8pp cheese, and 3pp low fat spread (to fry onion in), I also used cherry tomatoes on the top and it was delicious served it with ½ can Sainsbury’s basic spaghetti in tomato sauce for 3pp, a huge plate of food for 14pp. I even managed a huge glass of wine because I’d had fruit for my breakfast and a packet of WW BBQ bakes for a snack, total for day 31pp and earnt 8pp on my
pedometer. So that’s day 2 down, and day 3 just about to begin. Hope everyone else who’s joined my on my 8lb in 8 weeks is on track too.

The one thing that has just struck me as I was typing what I’ve been eating is that if you have a family, all those meals are suitable for them to eat, no fancy or diet meals, just good basic, cheap healthy grub.

It also helps to either totally plan your meals for the week so you aren’t stuck and grabbing at stuff or at least to have a good idea of what’s in your cupboards and fridge. Last night I took some beef out of the freezer and today I shall be making a curry with it I think. Not sure if I’ll use a recipe or jar, we’ll see, I’m on a budget at the minute and trying to use all the food in the cupboards and freezer so I think it may be a jar if there’s on in there. I’m guilty of buying food when its on offer or just buying too much so I have so much in the cupboards to go at and as long as I exercise portion control I can have any of them.

I did buy 5 pizzas from the Tesco garage Monday night because they were reduced from £2 to 90p each and pizza is my weakness, before I put them in my basket I used my calculator to ProPoint them and they were 9pp for ½ pizza, so as soon as I got home I cut them all in half before freezing them to stop me cooking the whole thing. They’ll be delicious with some salad leaves.

My Yogalosophy dvd has arrived too, I read about it in this months Weight Watchers magazine, so I plan to do my first session on Friday, I’m not going to pressure myself into fitting it in before then because I’m far too busy for additional exercise Monday-Thursday, so I reckon if I do 3 session Friday, Saturday and Sunday that’s a great start.

I’ve slept like a log too the last few days, not sure if that’s because I’m eating healthier or just that I had a late night on Saturday and still catching up ;D

Yesterday after writing my journal I realised that yes I do love me regardless of what I weigh, I try to get you all to feel that way. And yes if I remained at this weight for the rest of my life I’d be happy because I can be happy with any circumstances and also I look okay. But then I realised after deeper thinking that I’m happier when I’m at my goal, it’s not just an image thing, it’s because I feel more in control around food, I don’t want food to be a constant source of conflict in my life, I don’t want it to be my escape from the world when I’m having a bad day or a tough time. I want food to be a source of nutrition and a healthy source of pleasure, not an unhealthy source of distraction!

I’m getting there slowly, I have been for a number of years now, I’ve realised it took me almost 40 years to end up in this position so sorting it out isn’t going to happen overnight, it’s a constant thing, like peeling the layers of an onion. Nothing worth having comes easy, but with the help of others and the Weight Watchers ProPoints plan, I’m almost there I feel confident that I will get there too.

Have a great day, and track all the way. xx

No comments: