Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 24 May 2011

24th May 2011

Don’t Worry – Be Happy! Do you remember the things you were worrying about a year ago? How did they work out? Didn't you waste a lot of fruitless energy on account of most of them? Didn't most of them turn out all right after all?

GUTTED! Yep that’s how I felt yesterday morning when I got weighed, 3lb on! ;( What happened you cry, you’re on an 8wk, 8lb challenge and you lost 2.5lb last week. I know, I know and I knew I wasn’t going to lose but I truly didn’t expect to gain 3lb, I’m hoping some of it was down to other reasons other than what I ate, but in truth I ate too much and as I often say, Weight Watchers only works if you stick to your ProPoints, and I didn’t.

So after my meeting I went to Asda and bought foods I knew would help me, I ProPointed with my calculator as I walked round and now I have a fridge, freezer and cupboards full of food I enjoy and that will help me stay on track. I find it so easy when I make the effort and cook the foods I enjoy. I’m going to attempt to find the time today to do a menu plan, but even if I don’t get round to it, I’m recording every meal I eat as I eat it, so that will become a future menu plan.

I also saved some money on my shopping by ProPoint checking the foods on offer, there are lots in the freezers for £1, I bought Birds Eye Potato Waffles which are in the 3 for £3 offer, and they work out at 3pp each. I’m going to make tuna melts on waffles instead of bread, mmm

I also found pizza in Asda, it’s in the cooler and the ‘chosen for you’ range, the cheese and ham is only 7pp and the cheese and tomato 8pp and only 55p to buy, obviously they’re not huge but neither are the Weight Watcher ones that are 6 ProPoints. Both are great served with a huge side salad.

Yes I’m going to enjoy my eating week because my fridge is full of good stuff I like. I bought Weight Watcher wraps because they were only 3pp each and you can have two for 5pp, so they will be great with either the Piperade recipe on page 24 of the new Simply Enjoy cookbook or some pastrami (Asda 100g for 3pp) or thinly sliced beef (Asda 100g for 3pp) and again more salad.

Another idea, couscous stuffed peppers as the Ainsley Harriot ones are on offer 4 for £2. I also plan to make my savoury bread pudding this week sometime as I love that;




Savoury bread pudding
Prep 5mins, ready in 30 minutes, Serves 1, 9pp

100ml skimmed milk
1 egg
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs such as parsley, chives or coriander
35g grated cheese
Slice of bread

Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Whisk together milk, 1 egg, mustard and herbs. Break bread into 1cm chunks and stir it into the milk mixture, along with cheese. Spoon into an individual sized ovenproof dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crunchy on the top.

Last but not least they had some Dolmio, tomato and cheese sauce sachets on offer for £1, each sachet is 2pp and would be ideal with some pasta as a quick lunch.

So that’s me signing off for this morning, I have paperwork to do, a dog to walk and some meals to plan.

As my mom used to say, “Don’t do as I do, do as I say”, I think those are wise words from my behaviour last week as I made every classic Weight Watcher error ;D So this week I’m moving forward and smiling and losing.

xx

No comments: