Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 7 July 2023

If only I could bottle this feeling!

Friday 7th July 2023
Day 12 of Tracking ahead!


Yep!  Another day in the bag, I'm really loving that I'm feeling in control, obviously the weekend will be more of a challenge, but I survived last week so I can survive this week!  

I ate really well yesterday, it was all healthy and delicious.  Started with porridge, I preferred that to the overnight oats, I think that's a meal I can eat regularly especially as it's full of goodness too.


Next was tinned salmon with a little balsamic glaze on 2 slices of Warburton's seeded bread from the 400g loaf topped with a cheesy triangle and a bit of salad. 


Finally, our dinner was a Gousto meal, hoisin chicken, I added mushrooms to mine though to bulk it out a little and add another veg.  The recipe is below, very simple, I particularly like the way shredded cooked chicken cooking method before adding the flavours, something I'd use for sandwiches and keep in a tub in the fridge.

  



Snacks included a banana and a cheese triangle, managed 2l of water too, ended on 1401 calories so another hundred saved towards the weekend should I need them.  Just looked got 782 in credit - woo hoo.  Long may this willpower continue!

We had a great day at huddles too, lots of certificates handed out, lots of smiles, laughter and general feeling of love, so lucky to work in an environment like that.  Elle went to her daughters sports day at lunch so I flew solo and I thought to myself how wonderful it is that we're able to do that now because for years with ww we couldn't, getting time off was almost impossible, plus we'd lose wages whereas Elle and I just split it regardless. 

I have a busy day, a physio appointment this morning, the referral from the GP, second time lucky as the first one didn't get me any further.  Then this afternoon I have an appointment at Nuffield for a 12 week pain management course, I'm hoping I'm eligible and that it will help too. Joint Pain Wellbeing Programme | Nuffield Health

But first breakfast, what to have, do I have porridge again or maybe eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes on toast, decisions, decisions!  I also have mini wraps to use so maybe a breakfast quesadilla, that would be tasty!  I have a craving for a bit of cheese so that would be tasty on the wraps, mmm yeah.

Right let's have another great day, the skys blue and the forecast for the weekend is HOT according to the tele, although my phone is saying rain tomorrow - we shall see...

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x






Shredded Hoisin Chicken Wraps

 

Ingredients

For 2 people [double for 4]

2 British chicken breast portions

40g hoisin sauce 

1/2 cucumber

5g toasted sesame seeds 

2 spring onions

15ml soy sauce 

6 plain tortillas 

1 gem lettuce

 

Cooking instructions for 2 people [double for 4]

 

1. Before you start cooking, take your chicken out of the fridge, open the packet and let it air.  Heat a large, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick with a matching lid) over a medium-high heat

2. Once hot, add the chicken breast portions and cook for 3 min on each side or until golden.  Add a couple of splashes of water to the pan and cover with a lid, then cook for a further 12-15 min or until the chicken is cooked through (no pink meat!)

3. Whilst the chicken is cooking, slice the cucumber into discs.  Slice each individual cucumber disc into matchsticks.

4. Trim, then slice the spring onions lengthways into thin strips

5. Add the tortillas to a plate and pop in the microwave for 20 secs on high or until warmed through

6. Once the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a clean board and shred it apart, using two forks – this technique is known as 'pulling' – this is your shredded chicken

7. Return the shredded chicken to the pan with the hoisin sauce and the soy sauce and cook for 2 min or until warmed through – this is your shredded hoisin chicken.  Wash the gem lettuce, pat it dry with kitchen paper and finely shred.  Assemble the wraps by dividing the shredded lettucespring onion stripscucumber matchsticks and shredded hoisin chicken between the warmed tortillas.  Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.  Enjoy!

 



No comments: