Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 25 July 2023

Counting my blessings!

Tuesday 25th July 2023

Well it's been a long weekend, I'm not gonna lie, I didn't track so we're back to day 1.  I wasn't ridiculously bad though, I just didn't do it.  I'm not good with tired and tired was definitely what I was, we only had 4 hours sleep two nights as we were travelling to and from Ireland, then you spend a day trying to get over it.  Got back yesterday and didn't get much done as was again super tired, was in bed asleep by half seven and slept for nine and a half hours!  Woke up with a bit of a head this morning, but it's gone now I've had a drink, bit dehydrated I reckon.  Oh I am ready to get back to our huddles though, looking forward to seeing everyone and stepping on the scales and taking whatever they say ready to sort it out. 

Foodwise, I didn't do badly, we did have a Chinese takeaway, I also took this with us from the freezer, it's leftover lamb diced up in the gravy from the dinner we had with the lamb that day.  I just added mash and peas, nice. those yorkies didn't survive, I'd left them in too long and they were so hard, Aryn reckons they were softer when they came out the freezer!


I finally got round to cooking the TikTok feta cheese, tomato and pasta dish, it was as good as I hoped it would be and I'd do it again.  So simple, roast cherry tomatoes with the feta block of cheese in the middle and some oil, salt and pepper.  Next cook your pasta, when it's all done, mix it together, I added basil leaves to mine but there's a few variations online. 

I did indulge in fish and chips on the ferry on the way home, but left half the chips and a third of the fish as it filled me up quickly.  


It was whilst sitting on the ferry that I saw the tickertape on Sky news say there were fires in Corfu, I messaged my brother who called me to confirm, they were close enough and sadly heading his way, they were going to sort passports and dogs just in case.  As you can imagine the rest of the night was me hoping they'd be okay.  We arrived home at 3am and grabbed a few hours sleep, he called around 7 to let me know they were staying put for now as it was chaos on the roads and he was going to help the firefighters as he knew where the wells  in the village were on their mountain.

Thankfully I've woken up this morning and seen a comment on my Facebook post saying it looks like they're going to save their village, which at one point it didn't look like they would. 

Puts everything into perspective doesn't it.  We had rain all weekend as I believe you did here and I'm okay with that.  I laughed when Elle messaged and said 'what's Ireland like in the summer', my reply, 'the same as in the winter apparently, raining' lol.

Yesterday was back to normal, Aryn had the dentist and his hair cut (all of an inch off his shoulder length hair!), I went to my pain management group, managed to do most of the exercises, she tailored a couple for me thankfully.

Right, let's do this day!  I've not planned food at all but there's plenty in the freezer so we won't starve I'm sure!

Oh we bought a tractor - as you do!  He hired a super dooper lawnmower for the lawn but it wasn't doing it, so he said he was taking it back, then going to look at old tractors and yep, he came back with one that had a mower attachment on the back!  Oh and the biggest smile on his face!


 At least it means he's now agreed to getting double glazing at the bungalow in Ireland :) he gets a tractor, we get a warmer home there - bargain! 

There's so much I wanted to do whilst there but my body just won't let me - it's so damn frustrating. I really hope this pain management course helps me long term so I can get back to a place where I can do some maintenance of the house, a bit of painting etc.

I am off now, need a shower and another mug of tea - not at the same time of course. 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x

No comments: