Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 7 March 2016

Watched mom eat cake!



7th March 2016
The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

Just had me a good lie in, thank you night nurse, I know there's a cold trying to overtake me but I'm having none of it, don't have no time for poorly.

We had a lovely Mothers Day yesterday, bought mom and I joint membership for the National Trust and we're going to get our money's worth visiting places, we've decided Monday will be Momday and we'll visit different places, now to make sure she doesn't forget that deal we struck :)

We went to Wightwick manor, never been before despite it being the second closest National Trust property to us, had NT membership for many years on and off but never been there, it's very pretty, lovely grounds which we walked round and of course cake to eat which is what mom was interested in.  She recommends the coffee cake but not so much the chocolate brownie.  I had 2 slices of toast 4sp and 10g of butter 4sp (I bought 2 patties home to weigh so I'd know) and I had a skimmed milk coffee and watched her eat her cake - I will get a weight loss this week!  I'll be taking my own spread in future in my bag, get me a little tub with low fat spread because that butter wouldn't spread and I could've easily had more of it.  The little glass jars of jam are 4sp too, I bought mine home to check, didn't use it but good to know for future, if we decide on scones, mmm afternoon tea.

After an hour of walking round, she was ready to come home, we got ourselves a lift off the NT man on his buggy thing and he drove us down the hill to the car. 

I cooked a chicken and made a dinner but we didn't feel like it, so that's today's sorted.  Instead I enjoyed chicken with bread and spread and a bit of gravy, mmm I likes eating I do and that's one of my favourite things, dipping bread in gravy.

I do want to lose weight but I really want to do it whilst still enjoying the things I love about food, because it isn't those things that created my weight gain.  The weight gain came from mindless eating that wasn't even really enjoyed.  Those eating it because it was there moments, the eating it because I was stressed and ended up in the kitchen moments.  They are the moments that if I can eradicate them from my life, then the weight loss will happen and I'll still be able to enjoy dipping my bread in the gravy and pinching the parsons nose.  I didn't feel like I was missing out not having cake yesterday, I'd much rather have two slices of white toast to be honest, they'd have been better with poached eggs on top but they weren't available. 

Anyway check me out, I jumped out of bed and stripped it and put it straight in the washing machine - that impressed even me!  I have a feeling I might get a few things done today.  I'm going to take all the milk and food I have from members to the soup kitchen today, I'm also hoping mom will come with me and we can maybe go check out the cafe that's been recommended to me at Tettenhall, The lime tree I think it's called.  I was also tagged by my lovely member Margaret as she enjoyed her afternoon tea at a place called Peckish at Albrighton, that looked incredible!  And I keep meaning to go back to Cupcake Lane at Tettenhall because my lovely Julie works there now and she's an awesome baker.  Then there's Moseley Old Hall which is a National Trust property right on my doorstep, I haven't been there since I was at school, so many places so little time, so many calories :) all spaced out they'll be okay and perfect for mom days.

Right I'm off to hang my bedding on the line, it should try on this fresh bright day and if it doesn't there's always the tumble dryer.

I'm on track and feeling ready for my week, I really needed that day off yesterday away from my desk and work.

Now go be nice to your mom again today, Mothers shouldn't only be celebrated one day of the year, they should be loved and spoilt regularly.

Stay BeYOUtiful. xx

Here's a Smart Point recipe;

Scotch broth serves 4, 2pp each

115 g Lamb, Mince, Raw, lean   
30 g Pearl Barley, Dried   
1 large Onion, All Types, finely chopped   
2 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, finely chopped   
2 portion(s) (medium) Turnip, chopped   
2 medium Leek, thinly sliced   
Salt & pepper
4 tablespoons Parsley, fresh   

Dry fry the mince in a large saucepan for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to separate and lightly brown it. Pour on 1.2 litres (2 pints) of cold water. Bring it to the boil and then use a large, shallow spoon to remove any scum that forms on the surface.
Reduce the heat; add the pearl barley and prepared vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cover and leave to simmer gently for 50-60 minutes.  Adjust the seasoning to taste. Stir in the parsley, ladle into warm soup bowls and serve immediately.


No comments: