Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 20 March 2016

Awake ain't I!



20th March 2016
Our best successes often come after our greatest disappointments. H W Beecher
Well I've been awake for hours thanks to Alfie needing to go out twice in the night and the second time I just couldn't get back to sleep, lay there for ages then gave up!  Instead I've been sat at my desk doing a few bits and bobs, I don't feel tired so it's all good, I've got nothing planned today so can chill and snooze if necessary.  I'll be cooking  a roast chicken dinner but that's about as energetic as I'll get, a day of tele and knitting I reckon.

I might have a go at making lentil soup too, experiment a little.   What I do know is once I've blogged I'm backing away from the pc, it's too easy to get sucked into work and I've already got to work next weekend with a lot of prework getting ready to take another meeting into the 21st Century and go automated, it's been that way for three weeks in my Saturday meeting now and I think we've all embraced it rather lovely, they are such a patient, awesome group, makes working on a Saturday a pleasure.

So I'm on track, I'm even tempted to bake the quiche below, if I have plain flour I might, although I'll use a different cheese as I don't have goats cheese.   I did blow 5sp on Pringles last night, however I stopped at 5sp, how good's that, normally I'd have snorted the lot, straight out the tube!

Having my tracker by the side of my armchair makes a huge difference, two days tracked, 28 weeklies used - ouch!   I won't open any wine today, that'll help, maybe a cheeky G&T though later, it is Sunday after all.

I've got so much going round my head, I can't think to type, I just want to go play cooking, so that's what I'm going to do ;) whatever you have planned enjoy and I'll catch ya laters. 

Gluten free goat's cheese and spring onion quiche
8 Smart Points per serving
Prep time:20 min
Cook time:45 min
Serves:6
Difficulty: Easy

A flavoursome goat's cheese and spring onion quiche that's full of flavour and gluten free.
150g Plain White Flour, plus 1 tsp for dusting, ensure gluten free
75g Low Fat Spread
3 medium eggs
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 medium Spring Onions, sliced
150g Medium Fat Soft Goat's Cheese
200ml Semi Skimmed Milk

Sift the flour into a bowl, add the low fat spread and cut through with a round ended knife. Rub the fat into the flour with your finger tips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively blend in a food processor. Add 1 beaten egg and some salt and bring together to make a soft dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes.

Roll the pastry on a sheet of cling film, dusting the top with the tsp of flour as you go and line a 20cm loose bottomed tart tin. You might find it easier to roll out a slightly smaller circle and push the pastry up the edges ensuring it is the same thickness all round. Chill for another 20 minutes

Heat the oven to 190C fan. Line the pastry base with parchment and baking beans, sit the tin on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes.

For the filling, heat a non-stick frying pan and mist with low fat spray. Add the spring onions and cook for 10 minutes until really soft. Beat the eggs and season with some salt and pepper. Slice the goats cheese.

Remove the parchment from the pastry case, brush with a little of the beaten egg to cover any cracks and cook for another 5 minutes until turning brown round the edges and set in the middle. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 160C fan.

Spoon the spring onions into the pastry case, beat the milk into the eggs and pour over the onions. Top with the sliced cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes until set. Serve in slices, hot or cold with a green zero ProPoints value salad.

Note - with some of the ingredients used, please do make sure you check the product labels – sometimes a little stock cube, soy sauce or even ketchup can contain gluten.


No comments: