Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 22 June 2013

The plans not the problem...

Saturday 22nd June 2013
The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do. And if you keep doing the same things this year that you did last, you’ll get the same results ~ MJ
A really productive day yesterday, spent the morning doing paperwork and errands, got my wing mirror fixed by my mechanic, can’t recommend him enough if you ever need one, Tif 07939 408405 he’s over Showell Road, Bushbury and he’s just brilliant.  I then had lunch with me bestie (all measured and ProPointed), then about 2ish I decided I wanted to get started in the garden whilst the weather was good.  I stayed there till about 7.30pm and took round over a tonne of slate scree in a bucket ;-), my eldest brother turned up and helped by laying some of the membrane for me whilst I carried round the scree, then he went and I carried on alone.  I’m really pleased with it and my pedometer said I’d earned 13pp then I leaned on it and it reset!  That 13pp was just for the walking not for the weight lifting though remember so I had myself a well deserved bottle of red wine last night.  And I’m even more pleased because I can actually move this morning which is a bonus.
This is what I managed to do in an afternoon (so pleased!) it'll be much easier to maintain than what was there before.

 
I love that when I’m in the garden and busy like that, I don’t even think about food or eating, I’m well aware that over the last year I’ve put way more emphasis on food than was necessary or than I have for a good few years and I also know that’s because I was feeling a bit stuck which I seem to have come out of now and hopefully those few pounds gained will come off.
It’s good to realise that sometimes the weight problem is not about what you eat, it's more about why you eat!  Eating because you have a problem or situation in your life that you are struggling with does not solve that problem.  Beating yourself up because you can't lose weight will not help you to stop over eating either.

Trying to find a short term quick, fix solution to your weight problem will only give you a short term solution.  Until you accept, address and change the way you respond to the problems and difficult situations in your life then you will always be fighting your weight.

You can't fill a void in your life with food. You can't make someone well again by eating yourself. If you're angry - shout, if you're upset - cry, feel the emotion, let it out, scream and wail, trust me it feels fab and doesn't involve a weight gain.  I heard someone on the radio Thursday say depression is caused by not being able to express sadness or anger (I don’t know if that’s the only cause) and I believe overeating can be caused by not feeling and expressing certain emotions too and trying to squelch them down or avoid feeling them by eating instead. 

But believe me whatever the problem - food is never the solution!
Everyone emotionally eats but when it's done to the extent that its making you unhappy then it's time to do something about it. Weight gain is a side effect, you need to find the cause and address that. Until you do you're just sticking a band-aid on an open wound.
If this is what you’re tracker really looks like it’s time to start thinking about why…
ProPoints is a great system for helping guide you to spend your allowance wisely, because you can have more of the lower ProPointed and zero foods or less of the higher ProPointed stuff, common sense tells you to choice more of the healthier, lower ProPointed foods.  Unfortunately your emotional brain won’t always agree with that if you’re emotionally eating, it’s more likely to search out High ProPointed ‘treat’ or ‘comforting’ foods to make you feel better short term.  If you’re doing this and it’s stopping you from losing weight you need to look at the reasons why and work on those in conjunction with the plan.
 
It can be done – believe me – trust me – I see members do it every week and make not just massive differences to their weight but also to their lives.  
Let it be your turn to put yourself first and focus on getting healthy and happy. xx
BeYouTiful because you’re worth it.
 

No comments: