Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 29 June 2013

Burgers it is then...

Saturday 29th June 2013
We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.  Abraham Lincoln.
 
The weather forecast doesn’t look too bad today, as it’s Glastonbury and Wimbledon it usually rains so I’m glad that there isn’t any forecast it’ll be nice to sit in the garden reading later.  I was very productive yesterday morning got lots done in my office, did some gardening then about 2ish I lost my momentum and chilled for the rest of the day.  
Well I’ve worked out the problem with online shopping the sell by date on things aren’t the best, my veggies were all use by yesterday, so I’ve made a large vegetable curry 20pp in the whole pan because of the sauce and potatoes, on a F&H day it’ll only be 10pp for the entire pan because of the jar of sauce everything else is F&H.  I have a feeling it might end up as my brother’s tea though because I’m not a great fan of veggie curry’s – not when I cook them anyway, from a restaurant is a different story but those jars never make a good dish in my opinion.
I never made my burger yesterday because the meat hadn’t defrosted and by the time it did I couldn’t be bothered, so I might have them today, or something made with the mince. 
I do like a burger and came across this vegetarian recipe on my pc yesterday that sounds delicious, not completely F&H but you can take the cheese from your weekly allowance and you are allowed 2tsp of healthy oil each day;
Really filling Brunch Burgers (total 49pp, serves 4 @ 12pp each)
 
3 x 250g medium baking potatoes (16pp)
3 shallots, finely chopped
1 Ieek, finely sliced 
2tbsp sunflower oil (6pp)
6 tomatoes, halved horizontally 
 grating of nutmeg
4 free-range eggs, fried, to serve (7pp)
1tbsp wholegrain mustard (1pp)
150g extra mature Cheddar, grated (17pp)
1 large onion, finely sliced
salad, to serve 

Pierce the potatoes and microwave for 15 mins, or until soft. Leave to cool, scoop out flesh into a bowl and mash.

Meanwhile, fry the Ieek and shallots in 1 tbsp of the oil until golden. Stir into the potato with nutmeg, mustard and 100g of Cheddar; season. Shape into 4 burgers, pressing a quarter of remaining cheese into the centre of each.

Fry the onion in remaining oil until browned. Grill the burgers and tomatoes, cut side up, on a medium heat on a baking tray, for 8-10 mins, turning burgers once.  Serve each burger with grilled tomatoes, onions, a fried egg and some salad.

Yep they sound quite nice don’t they!  Instead of the egg you could actually have them with a home made beef burger mmm, now there’s an idea forming in my head. 
 
My brains not really working this morning, might have something to do with the wine drunk last night when my mate came over, so I’m going to take Alfie for a walk and blow away the cobwebs. 
 
Have a super Saturday xxx

No comments: