Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 28 June 2013

Feel Good Friday with Filling & Healthy...

Friday 28th June 2013
“In the pursuit of happiness, the difficulty lies in knowing when you have caught up.”            - R.H. Grenville
 



Stuck to my meal plan again yesterday, enjoyed my lunch of trout (plan said Salmon but trout had shorter sell by date and salmon was frozen) and brown rice, my tea was a club sandwich which was really good, I had a cup of lentil soup with it too.  The blueberries really made the porridge delicious, I’m liking my week of eating I have to admit.
Today was meant to be Bircher style muesli
Oats
Low fat plain yogurt
Skimmed milk
Blueberries
Grated apple
 
Mix the oats, yogurt, splash of skimmed milk and berries together and leave to soak overnight or for 10 minutes. Add in grated apple before eating.
 
However moms enjoyed the rest of the blueberries and I fancy crumpets to be honest, so I’ll mix a couple of days, also I have leftover quorn cottage pie filling left so I’m thinking that can be lunch.  Then my mates coming over tonight so I’m going to do us day 5’s tea which is;
 
Homemade burger & wedges
Extra lean beef mince
Onion, red chilli, fresh herbs
1 tsp healthy oil
Potato
Mixed salad
 
Combine the mince, onion, chilli and fresh herbs and shape into a burger. Grill in the oven. Cut the potato into wedges, toss in the tsp of healthy oil and season. Bake until cooked and serve with the burger and a side salad.
 
They sound good.  I’ve also got a bag of spinach that needs using up fast before it goes off so I’m thinking of making some kind of spinach and potato curry, which will then keep till tomorrow or later on tonight when we’ve had a few drinks.  I also have a lot of eggs so the next few days menu may go a little different to the planner but it shall still be filling and healthy.  I’m enjoying the food and not craving anything which is great, I was a little hungrier yesterday but that’s Thursday for me so I had a banana and the soup which helped.
 
I’ve slept like a brick, but work for the third time this week at 4.44, I woke one morning at 3.33!  Bizarre I think, I did manage to go back to sleep though and got out of bed around six, a lie in for me.
 
Won’t be getting my morning walk this morning, it’s raining and Alfie won’t go out in it anymore, he’s passed the puppy stage where the weathers concerned, he used to walk in anything, now he’s choosy and lazy!
 
So I’m going to have a productive morning in my office instead, take my car to the garage because the horn doesn’t work then it’s relaxation all the way for the rest of the day, ooo I do love Fridays.
 
Almost the weekend folks, this is when Filling and Healthy will be put fully to the test, last weekend I blew the bank where my ProPoints were concerned, will F&H help me to stay in credit this week – I’ll let you know.
 
Eat Gorgeous & BeYouTiful. xx
 

No comments: