Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 8 November 2012

Try it Thursday (no not trying!)

8th November 2012
Only those who dare to fail greatly can achieve greatly.Robert F. Kennedy
I have to admit it was an amusing dog walk yesterday as I tried to think of my top ten foods (not meals that’s a different list!) and I think this is it;
1.    Fried egg (which I ended up having for my breakfast when I got home)
2.    Blue cheese
3.    Black olives
4.    Mashed potato
5.    Melted grilled cheese.
6.    Sainsbury’s cooked rotisserie chicken
7.    Yorkshire pudding
8.    Crusty white baguette
9.    Mushrooms
10. Ham
 
That’s the list as it stands today, of course me being fickle that could all change after a walk around the supermarket.  I’ve removed chorizo because as much as I like it, I wouldn’t put it above some of these things, salted peanuts almost made the list, there something I love and only have occasionally because of the salt/fat content but maybe they are something I should treat myself to more often if they come that high up my list.  This weekends shopping trip will be interesting!
So top ten meals, ooo that’s even more difficult isn’t it, I know chicken chow mein and egg and chips with bread and butter and tomato ketchup would definitely be on there, and a roast chicken dinner.  They’d be towards the top, together with chicken hot pot, 40 cloves of garlic chicken, chicken & bacon rice casserole, corned beef hash, chicken breast stuffed with blue cheese, wrapped in parma ham.  WOW that was easy, eight without even thinking about it, they were the first ones that came to mind.  Pepporoni pizza would definitely make the list and lastly the Sainsbury’s rotisserie chicken with crusty garlic bread.  Yep apparently if you look at that list I like chicken!
There’s a couple of meals there I haven’t cooked in a while so I will look into having them soon, I will also look into trying new recipes to add to my list.  I did smile Tuesday night when two members returned, they hadn’t been for four years and one asked me if I’d learned to cook yet!  This made me realise how far I have come and how much I have changed.  Five years ago if the instructions on the ready meal said 30 minutes on gas mark 5, I’d cook it for 15 minutes on gas mark 9 and everything was cooked that way!
Thankfully I decided to try cooking, using the Weight Watcher cookbooks initially I would make the odd recipe, I even started cooking in the meeting for the members and now I’m making my own recipes up!  That feels good, and it’s not just me who’ll eat my food, others do to, so I must be alright at this cooking lark now.
My favourite Weight Watcher cook book this year has been the Complete Kitchen, especially as it’s taught me to make an easy perfect white sauce which I can make lasagne and cauliflower cheese with.  It’s half price too at the moment!
Sleeping like a brick still, couldn’t believe it was morning again, and it’s Thursday, so we’ve had ‘Motivation Monday’, ‘Treat Tuesday’ and ‘Without Wednesday’ what can we do today?  ‘Try it Thursday’ that could mean a few things, it could mean try something new that you’ve never eaten whether that’s an actual food or just a new recipe, it could mean try a new activity, you can interpret ‘try it’ anyway you choose.  How about try to track today if you haven’t been doing, or try a meeting if you’ve not been to Weight Watchers before or for a while.  You could try mindfully eating, everything you eat today, put it on a plate, sit down and focus on it.  As it’s Thursday and it’s veering towards the end of the week I’ll let you decide what try it means for you today.
On that note, I’m off to make me a cuppa coffee, the tea ain’t working! Ooo that’s a new thing, I never have coffee for before leaving the house, that’s my first ‘try it’ of the day, how many can I manage today?
We shall see. x
 

No comments: