Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 11 November 2012

Sweet F.A. Sunday!

11th November 2012
How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward. Spanish Proverb
Sweet F.A. Sunday!
That’s what today’s all about, I was walking round Sainsbury’s doing my shopping in a bit of a daydream because I was so tired yesterday when I heard a lady say, “tonight I’ll be doing sweet F.A.”, and I looked at her and replied “Me too”, although she wasn’t talking to me, she looked back smiled and said, “you know what it means too don’t ya”, I nodded and went on my way. 
So Sweet F.A. has always meant Sweet Fanny Adams in our house, which mean doing nothing basically, or nothing of any use!  So this morning I’ve just googled it to find out it’s origin and oh my it’s not nice!  If you want to know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_Adams go read for yourself!
Anyway I’m still doing nothing much today, it’s been a very busy week so today’s all about relaxing, so that’s what I suggest everyone finds some time to do today, you don’t have to do it all day unless you want to of course, but find yourself some you time.  Listening to that lady continue her conversation in Sainsbury’s made me realise we all have lots of similarities in our life.  We’re all busy and rushed and when we do get time to stop, we often feel lazy because there’s still so much to do!  I’m not going to even think about all the things that could be done today, I’m going to use the time to relax my mind, body and soul and also to spend some time with the single most important person in my world – my mom.  We shall watch last nights rubbish factor, just so we can slate it for the whole time, then we’ll watch something else, she shall read the newspaper highlights  to me even though I’m not remotely interested in what’s going on in the world!  Then an hour or so later she’ll read them to me again, and so the day will continue!  It drives me mad when the papers get hold of a story such as the Jimmy Saville thing and it’s in everyday for a week or more because I hear that story 4 or 5 times a day for however long it stays in the paper!  I don’t let on to mom she’s told me, I just listen and look aghast again ;-)
I’m considering a nice long bath with a book for an hour too, that’s always a good move on a Sunday, and I will go for a long walk with Alfie before settling into my Stagnant Sunday.
I’m going to keep it short today, because Alfie has just come and reminded me not only did we sleep 12 hours last night but I’ve been messing on pc for an hour and he’s ready for his walk.  So we’re off, enjoy your day whatever your plans.   
Remember to stop and remember at 11am today. xx

No comments: