Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 2 November 2012

Bit deep for a Friday, but I just type what I wake up & think!

2nd November 2012
Before you speak… THINK T- is it true? H – is it helpful? I – is it inspiring? N – is it necessary? K - is it kind?
What you having for breakfast?  And why?  I plan to have sardines on a piece of toast because I like it at the moment and because I know it’ll keep me full for a few hours until the next time I eat at lunchtime.  I believe because of what I’ve read and learned over the years is that the protein in the sardines helps to keep me satisfied for longer and the oils in them are good for me.  So for me that breakfast is win/win.
Just watching a programme called Rip off food on catch up and it’s telling us that not all breakfast cereal is a great start to the day, there’s a large amount of hidden sugar in it, such as Special K has 17g sugar per 100g, bran flakes about 20g sugar per 100g and Muesli around 17g per 100g which at least it’s a natural occurring sugar in the dried fruit, but it’s still sugar.  Now cereal considered low sugar and healthy cereal has only 5g per 100g – so start looking at the boxes before you buy, I mean the recommended portion is a mere 30g which lets be honest doesn’t look a lot sitting in the bottom of your bowl! (Oat 1.1g per 100g) and weetabix (4.4g per 100g) are usually a good choice.  But change those oats to Oat So Simple Golden syrup is 23g per 100g!  So when you’re deciding what to eat for your breakfast, don’t just go with what you ‘think’ is a good choice, go with what you know is because you’ve checked!  Find your own wisdom!
What works for one person doesn’t work for another, I’ve really become aware of that lately, we all know that person, you know the one, he/she seems to eat absolutely anything they want and never gains an ounce, there could be any number of reasons why that is, but do you know what – it makes no difference to you does it.  Why not?  Because EVERY BODY is different and you’re mostly concerned with yours not theirs! 
I’m finally learning about mine, I’ve watched my weight for so long, losing weight, gaining weight – rarely maintaining because I just counted ProPoints and lost or stopped counting then gained.  These day’s I do more than that, I think about what I WANT to eat and WHY, I also care about what those foods are doing to my body on a day to day basis, it’s not just about instant gratification, it’s about being healthy and fit.
I rarely buy ‘diet’ food these days, I rarely buy ‘convenience’ food, I enjoy cooking and know it doesn’t have to take hours, I really enjoy good wholesome natural foods and to ensure that I can eat them, I control my portions and also ensure I’m active each day in a way I enjoy.  I also ensure I get ‘me time’ to relax and do things I enjoy, not forgetting to have fun too, I make sure I do things that give me pleasure - gosh I sound like a health advert don’t I! 
But I truly believe it’s important to enjoy life on a day to day basis, I used to work my backside off all year to have two weeks away from my life, now I enjoy my life day in day out, the good and even the bad, it’s all part of what makes my life worthwhile.
My weight is important of course, but it isn’t ‘who’ I am, it isn’t what makes me the person I want to be, it’s just my weight, for me what’s more important is how I feel, by focusing on my health and feeling well means my weight has naturally stabilised because lets be honest, overeating really isn’t all that great is it!?  Heartburn, indigestion, lack of energy, thighs rubbing together, back ache, painful knees – need I go on?
So it’s Friday, before you go crazy and overindulge beyond belief this weekend, think about WHY you’re doing it – what’s in it for you?  Instant gratification – is it all that?   A little bit of what you fancy does you good – too much, well you decide. xx
 

No comments: