Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Tremendous or Terrible?!

11th October 2011

Two women looked out through their prison bars.  One saw mud, the other saw stars!

Well I finally made it, I’m back at goal plus 5lb for the first time in a long time ;D, after putting on a pound last week even with earning all those activity ProPoints, I lost 4lb this week and now have 6 weeks till my holiday and am hoping to lose those 5lbs and get back to goal. 

Five seems to be a relevant number for me at the moment because after managing 5k three times last week, I decided to carry on running yesterday and I managed 5 miles, I was chuffed, took me just under 55 minutes and earned me 10 Activity ProPoints = BONUS!

I’ve noticed that since I started my running, I’ve started craving carbs “potatoes, rice, pasta, bread”, something I didn’t eat a great deal of before, so I’m going to have to rethink my meal plans, also I don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen because I’m busy with other things. 

Yesterday I decided to go and treat myself to some ready meals, something I haven’t eaten in a long time, but I wanted quick and also tasty.  For a change I went to Morrisons, now I’ve just read yahoo news and I’m sure you’ll agree that basic living costs have risen a lot, apparently they’re at their highest for 20 years!  So as you can imagine, I was interested in the bargains in the supermarket because lets be honest none of us have much spare cash at the moment, especially for those of you with Christmas to plan for (I go away – don’t do Christmas, it’s cheaper for me).

Anyway I was pleasantly pleased by the what I would call fast food that was on offer that I could still have because it wasn’t too bad on ProPoints, for example “Speedy Snacks” burgers are on offer for 2 for £3 I think they were and there’s two in a pack, the Southern Fried Chicken Burgers were 8pp each and the Flame Grilled Beef Burgers 9pp.  you could even have them with a box of McCains Micro Chips for an additional 4pp, that’s a real fast food tea.  They’d also got some Morrisons crispbakes in the cooler section which looked tasty for £1, Serve 2 at 5pp each, I bought the Corned Beef one and the mini chicken & chorizo flavour.  Bernard Matthews Turkey Goujons were £1 a packed and the packet had 12pp in, and would easily serve 2.  The super bargain was their own branded pitta breads, 3pp each and a packet of 6 for 19 pence = bargain. (for photos of these products see my Weight Watcher facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bevs-Weight-Watchers/133361767350#!/photo.php?fbid=10150353654947351&set=a.10150272217177351.356780.133361767350&type=1&theater

I was also a little indulgent and bought 2 Jacket Potatoes with cheese all ready to pop in the oven, not as cheap as making your own but much quicker when you’re feeling lazy like I was last night, and they worked out at 6pp each.  I had one with some cooked chicken which was on offer 2 for £7.

If you are willing to spend a little time looking and using your ProPoints calculator, you can eat a little quicker and cheaper if that’s your choice.

Apparently the sponsored Women Only 'Trick or Treat' Twilight Walk I’ve entered with friends on October 29th to raise money for Compton Hospice hasn’t had many apply, so I thought I’d mention it here if you fancy a bit of a challege, this is what the blurb says on their website;

We are calling all ladies to dress up and join us for this exciting new 'women only' event.

This 6 mile walk will start at 9pm and will lead us up to the witching hour, where witches, demons and ghosts are at their most powerful.

Watch out for tricks and collect treats on the way.

Registration is £10 per person and open to women only aged 14 or above, under 16's must be accompanied by a full paying adult.

This event is suitable for individuals and groups, so why not grab your family and friends, or even come along for a work night out.

Ditch the men and come to what promises to be the best Halloween party in town.

If you fancy it, log onto their website and sign up, even if you don’t raise much the £10 reg money will go towards their collecting.
http://www.compton-hospice.org.uk/fundraising/event/98/c

As I weigh my members this week I’m totalling up all the weight each meeting has lost since they joined, and I’m impressed, haven’t got the info to hand but from memory, Monday morning at Bloxwich which was only a little meeting of 21 members this week has lost 31 stone so far, and Monday night at Wednesfield has lost a whooping 81 stone, not bad at all, I’m sure you’ll agree.  I was really impressed by the total weight losses on peoples cards.  David from Bloxwich achieved his 50lb certificate yesterday which is an awesome achievement, Catherine last night got her 4 stone, which if you want to give that a visual to compare to, it’s a sack of potatoes.  What amazing achievements, I’m so proud of all my members.

So today’s Tuesday, will it be terrible or tremendous, mine will be tremendous I’ve already decided, I’m going to be looking at the stars not the mud – how about you?


No comments: