Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 15 October 2011

life's a load of balls!

15th October 2011

There are moments when everything goes well, but don't be frightened. Jules Renard
I’ve got my work cut out for me today, I’m being allowed to look after Jen (7) and Will (9) till tomorrow afternoon!  This is gonna be fun, we’re going to the cinema to watch a film about a dolphin with a broken tail and then we’ll do whatever they fancy, and I have a feeling the day will end with treats and the XFactor and me needing to go to bed way before they do - YAY, can’t wait. ;-)

Yesterday I had a real treat, once I’d finished all my paperwork instead of going out for lunch as we usually do because we’re a bit strapped for cash and we’ve decided we’ll rather not eat than go for these 2 for a tenner meals, I met up with Lynne and she made me run 4 miles first, then she made me PROPER egg and chips in a pan of fat!  Oh my word they were to die for, and if you ate them too often you probably would, especially with the three rounds of bread and butter and ketchup I had with them.  I think we can safely say I blew my ProPoints budget well and truly on them yesterday, but wow they were worth it.  300g home fried chunky chips = 16pp, fried egg = 4pp, 3 slices bread = 7pp, butter = 5pp, ketchup = 1pp, WOW I’m impressed 33pp and it was amazing and better than anything I’ve had for Friday lunch in a while and because it was only one course, probably less PP overall. Mmm a regular thing I thinks.
I started reading the intro to a book yesterday and it mentioned ‘the story of the five balls’ so I googled it to see what it was and decided it was worth sharing;

The story of the five balls
Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls.
The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity.
And you're keeping all of them in the air.
But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball.
If you drop it, it will bounce back.
The other four balls–family, health, friends, integrity–are made of glass.
If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered. And once you truly understand the lesson of the five balls,
you will have the beginnings of balance in your life.
 
This is so true, I work a 50 hour week, luckily I love my job, however I also make time for the other things but it can be difficult finding that balance can’t it.

Here are some suggestions as you strive for balance in your life.

1. Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
2. Don't set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.
3. Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.
4. Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live ALL the days of your life.
5. Don't give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
6. Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us together.
7. Don't be afraid to encounter risks it is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
8. Don't shut love out of your life by saying it's impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
9. Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been, but also where you are going.
10. Don't forget that a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
11. Don't be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily.
12. Don't use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved.

Go back and read those suggestions again, and then go and enjoy your day. xx

No comments: